04.

location: -

(first name) had spent the night studying kaijo games she could find online. she learned each other their players names, techniques, skills- everything possible. kaijo was an interesting team, each of their players bringing something to make the team what it is today.
it was surprising to her cousin when she had started talking to him about his team. though he normally made his way to the gym with the guys, he opted for walking with her. it was a way to clear his mind before a big game.
he didn't mind it, of course. he's never met someone so interested in his team without actually knowing anything but the surface level of basketball.

"kise has a big game ahead of him." she looked up to the sky. "i mean, you all do, but his mark is aomine, right?"
kasamatsu nodded. "i believe in him."
"so do i."

the pair entered the gym, going their separate ways after she told him good luck. kasamatsu was ready to show japan how great kaijo was.

-

aomine did show up this time, after all he was going to be playing against kise. he was near the bench, letting a yawn out when he saw her.

"why the hell is (last name) here?" he hadn't meant to say it aloud.

imayoshi laughed, "well, considering she wasn't cheering for us yesterday, she isn't here to cheer for us today."
"why would she be cheering for kaijo?" as far as aomine knew, she had no connection to the opposing team.

it still pissed him off that she wasn't there for them.

"well, she's related to kasamatsu, isn't she?"

oh shit. he forgot about that.

aomine rolled his eyes, relaxing his body. he needed to focus on the game ahead of him.

the game started with the tip-off between kobari and wakamatsu, giving kaijo the possession of the ball. approaching the three point line, kasamatsu passed the ball to kise. the blond huffs before driving past his defender, finding it too easy. aomine was faster than him, why did he pass with ease?
kise was caught off guard when the ball had slipped from his hands. imayoshi had stolen the ball from him, tipping it out of his hands from behind.
the ball was quickly moved to the other side of the court, in the hands of sakurai before it flew into the basket.

3-0, touou.

"looks like we have control of the game." imayoshi comments after watching kise get blocked by aomine.
kasamatsu glares, stealing the ball from him before making a three pointer himself.

3-3.

(first name) smiled, letting out loud cheers for her cousin.

kise felt his muscles relax, his mind was filled with nothing but winning this game. he closed his eyes for a second, allowing aomine to pass him before coming up from behind..

swat!

swat!

kise had managed to block aomine twice, including his formless shot.

with kaijo in possession, kasamatsu fakes a pass before driving him. stopped by imayoshi, he turns and fades into a three pointer. the defender tipping the ball, causing his shot to miss. under the basket, hayakawa rebounds and passes the ball to moriyama.

the first quarter has ended with kaijo on top. 18-13.

(first name) waves back at kise, who had just noticed her and shot her a smile from the bench. she didn't know how they could see her so well from down there. she let out a chuckle when kasamatsu whacked the back of his head before waving at her as well.

the second quarter goes by quickly, with touou gaining control of the game.

at the start of the third, (first name) noticed the change among the kaijo team. kise's aura had changed, become more precise and deadly.

he reminded her of aomine.

his movements, the way he preformed the cross-over, it was aomine's style. it was the same when kise managed to dribble past wakamatsu and shot the ball in a way only one player could.

kise was copying aomine's moves, and he was trying to copy his style.

(first name) is cheering louder for him, for all of kaijo. kise was bringing back their spirits.

what shocked her the most wasn't the way kise perfectly passed aomine with a drive, shooting the ball from behind, but the way aomine had fumbled the ball when it was passed to him, allowing kaijo to steal it.

because from what she knew, aomine doesn't mess up.

the fourth quarter was filled with just as much motivation as the third. kaijo wasn't going to give up.

(first name) had stood up right at the buzzer, signaling the end. kise had missed the dunk, falling to the ground.

100-98, touou.

she was concerned. the kaijo team hadn't realized that kise couldn't stand. something was up with his foot.

"yukio!" she yelled over the noise of people leaving. her cousin looked up at her, head instantly turning to what she was pointing at.
kasamatsu nodded at her before putting one of his arms around his underclassman, allowing him to put some of his weight on him as they walked out.

- - -

"he's in the locker room." (first name) responded to kise, who had asked where the captain was. "don't bug him. he'll catch up with you guys."
"you're leaving, (last name)? you don't want to get dinner with us?" moriyama watched as she turned.
"no, no. i'm alright. you guys played well and deserve some rest. let yukio know i went home! bye bye!" the team waved goodbye to her as she exited the building.

why was it that aomine daiki was always standing in front of her?

"you ever going to cheer for your own school?" he asked. his hands were stuffed in his pockets, head tilted.
she started walking past him, "when i get a reason to."
"you go there!" he called after her, turning. he flinched when she had turned around.

(last name) (first name) had a dangerous aura around her. she reminded him of akashi.

"that's an excuse, not a reason."

he watched her walk away.