Alchemical Magic ~ Conversions

What does Kundalini have to do with magic? In my world, Kundalini is the power behind the magic. I have taken the concept of Kundalini and Chakras and incorporated it into my fantastical magic system of Alchemy.

I love magic, and I cannot help but geek out about it. Do you like it too? The Alchemy system in the Fragments of Alchemy series is complex. Spells are called Conversions, and they have five requirements to work: Kundalini and Energy from the Chakras, a Conversion Circle, a Code Word, a Component, and a Focus that is placed on the Circle and is effected by the Conversion.

Chakras

To perform Alchemy, Alchemists use their Chakra Energies, including their Kundalini, which resides in their Root Chakra. Each Chakra unlocks a group of Conversions that Alchemists can perform. Alchemists have to unlock and replenish their Chakras with meditation. Without Kundalini and Chakra Energies, Alchemists cannot perform Alchemy.

Conversion Circles

To perform Alchemy, Alchemists must draw Conversion Circles. There are seven different Circles, one for each Fragment. A Fragment is a group of Conversions that all use the same Circle. There are a set number of different Conversions for each Conversion Circle. In order to use a specific Conversion, Alchemists must draw a different Symbol in the center of the Circle.

Code Words

To perform Alchemy, Alchemists must know the Code Words. Each of the 42 different Conversions have a different Code Word. The Alchemy will not activate without the Code Word, but gifted Alchemists can think the Code Word instead of say it aloud.

Focus

A Focus is placed on a Conversion Circle and is altered somehow by the Conversion. Not every Conversion has a Focus, but most Conversions require a Focus. This can be a person as well as an object. Some Conversions have an area of effect depending on the Component, such as the Extraction Conversion with Centella, used to Extract memories from those in the near vicinity. However, most Conversions only alter the Focus.

Conversions

Root Chakra ~ Cardinal Fragment

The first Chakra is called the Root Chakra (also called Muladhara). This Chakra includes the easiest Conversions to Convert, because they only require one Chakra to be unlocked. This Fragment, called the Cardinal Fragment, concerns all the Conversions regarding Matter Alteration.

Dispersion: Melt. Code Word Dissoluendo. Any solid can be melted and made into a liquid with this Conversion. This Conversion is often used to make Components for other Conversions.