Alchemical Beasts ~ Chimaeras

What fantasy would be complete without mythical creatures? In my fantasy, all mythical creatures are the result of the Amalgamation Conversion, which combines Focuses together to create something new. With animals as the Focus of an Amalgamation Conversion, the result is a Chimaera.

Animals cannot be combined willy nilly, as Aunt Fanella puts it. Certain combinations have certain results, and if the Alchemist experiments, he or she is bound to find some combinations that create malformed beasts. The classic chimera of Greek mythology is actually an example of a malformed Alchemical beast. These must be destroyed, along with the little sliver of the Alchemist's soul (Kundalini) that was infused into the Chimaera upon creation.

Chimaeras are usually bound to the soul of the Alchemist, meaning that they share a link with their Alchemical Beasts. Chimaeras can also be created without this link, meaning that they will go rogue (live in the wild), or could potentially become domesticated and bred. In the Fragments of Alchemy: The Code Keeper, Thea is attacked by a Rogue Chimaera. Later, her parents bond with a domesticated and bred Natural Chimaera.

Chimaeras start out like infants that know very little about the world. They slowly mature after being created. This can take as long as a week, but can be quicker. Mature Chimaeras can communicate with their Alchemists telepathically and empathically, and can even sense each other's five senses through the Alchemical link.

You can learn more about Chimaeras from reading the Glossary in my book Fragments of Alchemy: The Code Keeper. I have added the glossary to this Appendix as well.

Now, let's look at the Chimaeras from my first book, Fragments of Alchemy: the Code Keeper. I will be back to add to this as I publish more books with more Chimaeras. Just keep in mind that if there is a myth, legend, or fairytale about a creature, it is likely a Chimaera (unless it is an Alchemist using the Imitation Conversion, such as a mermaid, centaur, satyr, or fairy).

I created the Chimaera's common name in italics using the Latin names for each of the two animals and combining them. For example, I created the word faleo by combining the Latin words falco for falcon and leo for lion.

In order of appearance:

Ephemia: a winged monkey made from combining a mayfly and a howler monkey

Ephemia: a winged monkey made from combining a mayfly and a howler monkey. This is Mageus's Chimaera Vox.

 This is Mageus's Chimaera Vox