── 𝗼𝗻𝗲. parental guidance

CHAPTER ONE,─── ❛ parental guidance ❜

CHAPTER ONE,
─── ❛ parental guidance ❜

can't stop til the whole
world knows my name cause i
was only born inside my dreams

──────────── SOMEWHERE, IN A TINY VILLAGE in the Scottish countryside, a young boy lay awake at night dreaming of gold

And he didn't just dream of gold, he craved it. He yearned for it so fervently that sometimes, when he thought about it hard enough, he was certain he could taste the cold metallic texture on the surface of his tongue. He longed for the feeling of its handles between his fingers, pining for the sounds of thunderous crowds as he threw it above his head, and when he finally woke up from his slumber, and the space in his trophy cabinet still looked bare, he felt completely numb. No, as he lived and breathed, the only thing Oliver Wood had ever felt desire for was gold.

He wanted to feel like Zeus with his thunderbolt, so powerful that he could rule the entire heavens and then some, the master of his own fate. And not only would he feel like a God, but he would be worshipped like one, hailed in the halls of victory for the rest of his life. He wanted to soar higher and higher until he could no longer see the ground.

Just one taste of gold would pave the way for his entire future.

Oftentimes, it felt like it was so close to his reach that the royal light was illuminating him, shining at him so brightly that he shimmered like diamonds. And other times, it felt so hopeless that it felt dangerous to even touch, and the harsh light only caused his eyes to become blinded.

Oliver Wood wanted to be like Zeus, the king of all gods, but perhaps he was just Icarus - the boy who flew too close to the sun, and plummeted.

This would be the most important year of Oliver's life.

On this humid August day, as the leaves on the trees blew gracefully in the wind, Oliver Wood was preparing to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his seventh - and final - year. The summer had felt like a long and tiresome one, and as the days grew longer, the young keeper was itching for the day when he could finally step on that platform and return to where he belonged.