── 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲. caving in

CHAPTER THREE,─── ❛ caving in ❜

CHAPTER THREE,
─── ❛ caving in ❜

i like to push my luck
so take my hand, let's
take a drive

──────────── NOW, ELODIE WOULD BE lying if she claimed to have not even considered Oliver's offer

I mean, how could she not at least be a little curious as to whether his proposition was worth accepting? It would bother Aspen, knowing that his recent ex was now affiliating herself with his biggest rival, and at that moment there was nothing she wanted more than to get underneath that boy's skin. He'd used her, abandoned her, humiliated her, and broken her heart, so the least she deserved was to put a slight dent in his pride.

But it was absurd, wasn't it? There was no way in hell it could ever work, not when they barely even knew one another. In fact, all Elodie knew about Oliver Wood was that he was stubborn and good with a broom. She wasn't sure there was anything more to know, to be honest, and she was certainly sure that she didn't want to find out. No, if Elodie knew one thing about the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain, it was that he couldn't be further opposite from everything that she was - he was messy, arrogant, irresponsible, he put his entire self worth on his ability to catch a ball, and had little regard for his life outside of it. I mean, that was how he'd gotten into this mess in the first place, wasn't it? By having little consideration for anything that wasn't his sport? She wasn't sure she could put up with it for longer than five minutes, let alone convince people it was something she found endearing.

Besides, she had far too much to worry about already without busying herself with faking a relationship. Dementors infiltrating trains, looming over the school grounds, hunting for a killer on the loose? It was all far more than she'd anticipated having to deal with as Head Girl, that was for sure.

Though, it was only until Christmas Break, and she supposed it wouldn't be a massive responsibility to hold up a simple lie for one term. It wasn't like anybody would actually be interested in her drama, anyway, so they wouldn't have to do much convincing. All she would need to do is hang around Oliver a little, seem cosy around him enough to catch Aspen's attention, and then charm her way through one dinner with his parents at Christmas. How hard could it really be?