── 𝘁𝘄𝗼. curious propositions

CHAPTER TWO,─── ❛ curious propositions ❜

CHAPTER TWO,
─── ❛ curious propositions ❜

and it would be a
fine proposition, if
i was a stupid girl

and it would be afine proposition, if i was a stupid girl

──────────── ELODIE FELT SICK.

After two months of mourning her relationship, with no closure having even been provided to help her recover from the loss, she had at least hoped the break-up had broken Aspen as deeply as it had broken her.

Indeed, was it so naive of her to consider that dumping her at least wasn't an easy decision to make, and that it had destroyed him just a little bit to have to do it? That was what she had convinced herself when the letter had appeared at her window, anyway; that he was struggling to get through something personal, and the only reason he waited to do it via a letter was because he couldn't face the pain of doing it to her face. She had even been hoping that perhaps, once he saw her again, all of his feelings would come flooding back, and perhaps they could start things over again.

But now she realised just how very wrong she had been, and she felt nauseous when she considered just how fervently her emotional intelligence had been lacking. Had she really spent weeks, pining after somebody that hadn't given her a second thought, and had spent his entire summer getting to know somebody else?

She felt completely humiliated.

But she couldn't blame herself for falling for his act, either. After all, that boy used his charm like a disease. He attracted people, luring them in the with his contagious personality, and then he infected them until they felt nothing but ugly inside, abandoning them to rot.

Then again, it was her fault for falling for a Slytherin, wasn't it? They weren't exactly known for having the softest of hearts. Perhaps she needed to date a Ravenclaw next, or a fellow Hufflepuff, or to be honest, at this point - a woman.