Eight.

"Why are you protecting a lowly servant? What is she to you really?"

"My woman." He told bai ju boldly.

"What?" Bai ju baldes up her fists tightly.

"You can't seriously be choosing that lowly servant over me."

"I have."

He Untied the ropes on Jian Lou's hands and lifted her up bridal style and carried her out.

The eunuch saw this and quickly went to report back to the king.

"What?" The king said furiously.

"Despicable.."

"bring me the maid servant and the crowned prince."

The eunuch sent out a decree for the maid servant and crowned prince to come to the main hall to see the king.

Jian Lou and the crowned prince were back at his manor, he was helping her heal her wounds.

"Why are you helping me?" She said coughing up some blood.

"Please don't talk you will lose more blood." He said very concerned for her.

'I thought he was an ice cold prince..but he cares so much for me..even though he's barely knew me..he treasures my life..even if I am just a servant to everyone..' she thought to herself.

The crowned prince heard the order. "That's my father..I don't know what will happen, but whatever happens I will take responsibility so do not say anything okay?" The prince asked her.

"No it was my fault..I can't allow anything bad to happen to you, your the crowned prince.."

"Don't worry my father won't harm me that badly after all I am the crown prince, I'm the future heir for the throne do you think he'll really harm his own son?" He asked.

"I don't know I've seen way too many..dramas where the father was cruel to their own son..especially in royal family's.." Jian Lou said sighing.

Still the crowned prince failed to understand some of her words. "Even when you are hurt you say some strange words I don't understand..but please stay here I will bare the punishments for you, I'll ask Chang Mi to come take care of you so please just wait on me, I'll be back." He told her.

Chang mi hurriedly came in and looked at her friend Jian Lou who was very hurt.

Chang mi started crying. "Please don't die on me your my only friend that I've ever made who was true to me in the palace we have to stay best friends forever here drink your medicine." Chang mi said helping her drink her medicine.

"Silly girl nothing will happen to me I will not die, stop crying everything will be fine."

The crowned prince entered the hall to see his father.

His father came down his throne and slaps him. "What is wrong with you? When will you be my filial  son? How can you kiss a servant? And embarrass me? And on top of that you try and save her? She is nothing but a lowly servant, I suggest you apologize to bai ju and get married to her right away this cannot happen! You are an embarrassment for a crowned prince." His father said in such a harsh tone.

"Father I will not marry bai ju, if I have to continue to repeat myself I will."

"Fine you won't marry bai ju? Guards, take his lowly servant and behead her. Unless he is willing to marry bai ju and appease the family, she will die." The king said loudly.

"Are you really forcing me right now father?" He asked getting on his knees. "Please don't harm her."

"Your really begging me for a lowly girl like her? Since when have you become like this? I did not raise you this way I am so disappointed in you. You will marry her, or else your precious maid servant will be beheaded."

The guards barged into the princes manor and pushed Chang mi away making the medicine fall on the floor and grabbing the wounded Jian Lou and taking her out for public beheading.

They put her on the floor and grabbed the sword to behead her.

"The choice is yours either you marry bai ju..or your maid servant will die, choose." The king told him.