Twenty.

But...not all things end very well, they were half way by the secluded area but Jian Lou, chang mi & haoxuan we're surrounded by multiple guards and people from the palace that came to take the prince back.

"Surrender crowned prince, we have to take you back..it is the order and royal decree of of the king, the palace is your home, shall you betray your kin to be with..a lowly maid servant we are ordered to kill the maid servant on the spot and forcefully take you back." The guard said loudly.

"I won't let you do that." He said holding his sword. "Like i said no one will touch any strand on her head she is mine and mine alone and if harm should come her way I will slaughter every single one of you so you won't have a family to go back to." He said coldly pointing his sword at them.

"We are ordered to kill her then and forcefully take you back." The guard said running towards Jian lou, 'is this really the end? Do I die here? If I die in this world, do I die in my world too?' The guard didn't stop but before he could pierce his sword through Jian lou, haoxuan blocks it and their both pierced together blood spilling out from his back and from her chest, as they both coughed up blood and had been bleeding everywhere.

Tears run down Jian's eyes as she looks at him. "I'm sorry we couldn't...get married like you wanted..." she said smiling.

"..we will see each other again... but..at least I can die with you here.." he said slowly before he finally breaths his last breath.

"No no one's dying! Please Jian stay with me..I told you, you are not allowed to die with me we are suppose to go back together...to your world remember?"
Chang Mi said crying and trying to make her best friend Jian wake up.

Jian looked at her. "I'm sorry.." was her last words before she passed away.

Chang mi sobbed loudly. "No please...wake up! Wake up! Don't leave me."

The guard also ran his sword through chang mi.

Blood dripped from her body as she fell to the ground. "No...it can't end like this.." she said before her heart stopped beating.

-
Jian woke up holding her head, "god..my head hurts terribly..wait..a minute...I didn't die?" She said to herself looking around, she noticed she was on the floor of her basement.

She was apparently passed out there.

Her big sister came down and sighed. "You've been in the basement for so many hours, I was worried about you..I didn't know you fell asleep here..if your so tired just go to your room..to get rest."

"Sis!!" She said happily getting up and hugging her. "What is wrong with you? Did you hit your head or something?" She asked laughing.

"Apparently I did because I have the worst headache." She told her sister.

"Oh yeah uh..work called said they wanted you to send some of moms paintings over, apparently their working on this like chinese drama and those paintings really inspired them last time you showed them moms work..so..yeah you should probably get them ready for tomorrow.." her big sister said smiling.

"Okay sure sure.."

Jian was kind of sad though, she realized that even though she was now back in her world like she hoped for..there wasn't chang mi..or haoxuan..or lian song...the people who she made friends with in the time she spent stuck in her mothers paintings.

She missed them a lot..and now looking at the painting again, Jian felt so heartbroken..since so much happened..within the last year in the painting which was only a few hours in her world.

THE NEXT DAY.
Jian got the paintings ready and went by her work place to drop them off, apparently she was going to be meeting the director for the drama.

"He's in the room waiting for you." Her colleague said to her smiling.

"Okay great." She grabbed the paintings and came into the room.

She looked up and saw...him.

It was haoxuan.

'Wait am I dreaming? It's actually him..'

"Your..."

"I missed you." He said smiling.

He came up to her and hugged her deeply. "I told you..we'd see each other..again.." he said holding her close to him.

"I thought I lost you forever but now your here with me..it's all I've ever wanted" She told him crying and holding him tightly.

"Then never let go of me.." he told her.

"I'll always be by your side forever." She said smiling.

He leaned in to kiss her as she kisses him back.

It was a close to their first chapter, and the start of a new chapter in their life.

THE END.