𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑝𝑡2 - 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒

Today was the day. Robin and Nancy's date. Robin could not focus on anything all day. This was gonna be her first date with a girl, her first date let alone. She was so nervous. She and Nancy were on the phone all last night, Steve gave Robin's number to Nancy, planning on what to do for the date. They decided they were gonna go on a picnic date. Robin had no idea what to wear to a picnic.

She's never been to a picnic. Thankfully, her savior, Steve, was going to help her throughout the date. He was gonna help her by picking out an outfit and try to keep her calm. Anyways, Robin's shift was over and Steve was driving her home. Steve let Robin rant about how nervous she was and how afraid she was to say or do something stupid. Steve would reassure her that she's going to be fine and Nancy's not gonna bite her head off.

Steve and Robin arrived at Robin's house. Robin didn't see her parents car so she assumed they were out, perfect. They entered Robin's house and went to her room. Robin sat down as Steve went through her closet, trying to find an outfit. It was currently 4:24 and the date wasn't until 5:30. It was May, pretty much summertime meaning it won't get dark until 8:00. After about 15 minutes, Steve finally found an outfit and handed it to Robin.

Steve told Robin to take a shower so she could smell nice and it would calm her nerves. Robin finished her shower and changed into the outfit. It was a light green-ish knitted vest with a white shirt-sleeve shirt underneath paired with light-ish black jeans and white high-top converse. Robin put her hair up in a ponytail, leaving her bangs out. She put some mascara on and chapstick. She was hella nervous. It was 5:03 and Steve was giving Robin a pep talk.

It did help Robin a bit. It was 5:25 and Nancy was gonna be there in 5 minutes. Robin was pacing back and forth, completely ignoring Steve talking.

"Robin relax. If it goes wrong, for any reason, you can just call me and I'll come pick you up." Steve says.

Robin nods. That was the only thing she heard Steve say. Anything else she toned out. As she was ranting, her doorbell rang. She screamed and ran to the door. She looked through the peep whole and saw Nancy.

"Omg! She's here!" Robin freaked out.

"Open the door!" Steve said.

Robin immediately opened the door. She saw Nancy, smiling softly.

"H-hi!" Robin greeted.

"Hello." Nancy greeted back. Nancy looked Robin up and down before renaming eye contact. "You look pretty." Nancy complimented.

Robin's face went red. She gave Nancy a nervous smile.

"T-thank you!" Robin said. She looked at Nancy's outfit. Nancy was wearing a white dress with light purple flowers all over it and ruffled sleeves along with some white flats. "You look amazing!" Robin quickly complimented.

Nancy smiled softly. "So, ready to go?" Nancy asked.

Robin nodded. The two girls left the door. Before Robin closed the door she heard Steve shout "Have fun." and they were off.

They walked to Nancy's car and Nancy opened the door for her. Robin's cheek turned a light pink. Robin gets in the car and Nancy closes the door. Robin watched Nancy walk to the drivers side and get in. Nancy started driving. The two didn't know what to say to each other so Nancy turned on the radio.

The song 'I think we're along now' by Tiffany played. Both Nancy and Robin started humming. They looked at each other and laughed softly. They started signing to the song, their voices in sync. Robin felt herself become more calm. There was no awkwardness between the two. The drive was about 15 minutes. 4 of Robin and Nancy's favorite songs came on. They sang to all of them, smile on their faces the whole time.