15 ~ It's A Deal

They all headed to the Mostro Lounge towards Azul's office to discuss terms and conditions. Exchanges were made in a very confidential, business-like fashion, and Azul never liked to take any risk while striking up contracts.

"I'm not gonna sign anything off with Octopunk here, so this's all up to you two," Leona murmured. Ruggie squinted at him. "What the heck do I have to do with anything?"

"I'll use you if Azul hikes up his price," Yuu whispered back. Ruggie threw his hands up in the air. "And of course I don't get a say in this!"

Floyd fell to the back of the group where the three of them were. "Ahaha, what are you guys doing looking for people that made contracts? Something interesting happen~?"

"Yuu got hit by a Spelldrive disc," Ruggie said flatly. Floyd let out a bold laugh. "Actually? I see what you're going to Azul for now, Lil' Shrimpy~!"

She sighed audibly. "Yeah, I could use Azul's knowledge right about now." Ruggie let out a snicker. "Or Azul could use you~ You know how stupid it is to strike up contracts with him!"

"Duh. But what else am I supposed to do? Ignore the person that's supposedly been following me?"

"Oooh, someone's been following you, too? Sounds like things've been suuuu~per entertaining for you lately, Lil' Shrimpy!"

"That's one way to put it..."

They finally reached the outside of Azul's office. "I heard Leona say that he wasn't planning on signing a contract, so I'm afraid he'll have to stay out here. But come in, the two of you! We have much to discuss~!"

"Don't do anything stupid," Leona said as one final warning as they walked into the room, giving Yuu a knowing look. She felt herself tense up as the door closed and locked behind her and Ruggie.

Jade pulled out a few papers for Azul. "So, the nature of your request, in essence, is to find out the names of Savanaclaw students who have made deals here lately?"

"Actually, I'd like to switch up a few things." Yuu decided that if she would have to do something for Azul, she'd try and make the most of her benefits.

"Oh?"

"I want you to find out who's been following me around and how they've been able to conceal themself so well. And I know it's not Rook Hunt, so even if he is following me, I don't care about him."

"Wait, how do you know it's not Rook, anyway?" Ruggie asked, taken aback by the last statement.

Jade smiled politely. "The feeling of Rook Hunt watching you is certainly a piercing feeling, but it is not one that conveys malicious intent. I assume the feeling Yuu's been experiencing isn't quite the same as Rook?"

"Perfect way of describing it! Thanks, Jade. And about the person who's been following me, they're able to hide themselves so well that only Leona's been able to detect it—he's kinda gotten a little protective, lately, because of it. Plus, we're assuming it's the same person who hit me with the disc. I wonder how exactly this person could've gotten such power and magical finesse?"

She had an inkling that her attacker may have made a contract, but Savanaclaw students often made themselves scarce when it came to Octavinelle. But if it was beneficial for them, she could see a Savanaclaw student setting their dorm rivalries aside.

Azul nodded, listening intently. "That's quite a lot of information you're asking for. How are you planning on paying me?"

"One week of free labor for the Lounge," she suggested, setting her starting price a little low. Azul raised an eyebrow. "Three weeks."

"You already know how helpful I am when I'm working. Two weeks." She had worked a few shifts here and there the year before, and she could pride herself on saying that she was good at it. She might've even worked there on a regular basis if Azul didn't drive his workers so hard.

"Two weeks of free labor from you and Ruggie," Azul proposed. Ruggie crossed his arms. "I'm not doing two whole weeks of free labor, especially when it's not benefitting me!"

It kind of stung, but Yuu knew she was the only one getting something out of this deal. The tweels got involved, trying to hike the price up, but Yuu knew her worth and Ruggie knew how to barter. They continued to haggle their price—it took a while, as this was what Azul was best at, but eventually, they settled.

He summoned a golden contract, which the two read very closely, making sure he didn't try to add on some extra conditions. "Alright," Yuu said under her breath, readying her pen to sign.

Terms and conditions ~

1. Powers will be confiscated at all times except during work hours to reassure no attempt at upheaval

2. Contractee (Yuu) will give two weeks' worth of unpaid labor, a maximum of six hours a day

3. Third-party (Ruggie Bucchi) will give one week of discounted labor, a maximum of six hours a day

4. Once the conditions are met, the contractee will receive the following information: the name of the person(s) who has been stalking her; the names of all Savanaclaw students that have made contracts over the last week; and the stalker's motive, if it is able to be found

5. All of these conditions must be met before the 13th of October, or the contractee will be bound by the contract-breaking conditions

There were a few extra clauses, but those were just a bunch of jibber-jabber about basic protocol and whatnot. Yuu swiftly signed off her name and set her pen down.

"Well then, It's A Deal~!" Azul drawled fluidly, a smirk playing on his face. "Jade and Floyd will escort you out. I look forward to seeing you two hard at work~!"

Yuu rolled her eyes. "And I look forward to seeing the information you'll obtain."