🍒 CHAPTER ONE 🍒

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

NOW PLAYING; CRYBABY BY SUNDAY CRUISE"Just call me a crybaby

"Just call me a crybaby. I've been crying lately . . ."

| 🍒 |

Her heart thumped in her chest, butterflies filling up the pit in her stomach and fluttering around nervously. She paced around back and forth on the small cruise ship headed to Camp Wawanakwa. This was her big chance to afford that sum of money she needed to help out with college and school after she graduated.

She didn't have any other need for it other than having student debt that her parents were unfortunately not giving her the money for. Everything was on the line for this competion show and she didn't want to fall behind everybody else.

"You good in there, Usami? We've just about made it to camp." A man holding a clipboard tucked in between his arm said, sweeping some dark hair away from his face. Nathaniel, one of Chris McLane's interns for the show. Nathaniel didn't show much emotion on his face, more like he was bored to be standing in front of her. Usami couldn't say she necessarily blamed him. Having to go through grueling labor for a narcissistic celebrity host.

From things she'd heard through her father, who had ties with the producers on the team, Chris cared more about ratings and making himself look good. Another thing to be noted was that Chris was a pathological liar and did things because it amused him. Usami didn't know what she was going to expect, but her perception was limited. She couldn't really 100 percent say that's how he was, but she wouldn't doubt it.

Usami ceased her pacing and forced the sweet smile onto her face. "Of course, just some first day jitters is all!" She pushed a stray strand of hair away from her face, grabbing her blue polka dotted suitcase.

"Good luck out there, you're gonna need it." Nathaniel said, leading her onto the bow of the miniature yacht. The breeze of the ocean flowed freely, red hair blowing beautifully in the beaming sun. It was such a breathtaking view and she felt like she could stay looking at the open sea for the next eight weeks.

Though the fantasy didn't last long once the boat made its stop at the edge of the balcony. Usami could already see a variety of interesting characters waiting in the middle for her already. We want you to play up the shyness a little more while you're in the show. It's sure to attract a lot of ratings. One of the producers had told her when she got the phone call to confirm her place on the show. Usami didn't know if it'd help, but she figured she'd give the people what they went. When she made it onto the dock, she could feel one of the camera men close to her. Her suitcase was behind her, arms tucked behind her back and holding onto the handle of the travel bag. "Contest Number Twelve, Usami~" Looking at Chris, she could feel him looking up and down her body with a smirk. Usami felt grossed out at the thought that their host might have been a grade a pervert.