Moon

Thinking of those you shall better forget at night is one of the hardest things one can experience.
Somehow thoughts at night feel way heavier than having the same ones during the day.

Looking at the moon eases the pain and makes the load ten times lighter.

The moon. I've always loved her.
The moon's a she and the sun's a he. I don't know why but I've thought this way ever since I was a child.
She doesn't always look perfectly shaped and wasn't always as round as a porthole but she didn't have to be because she always shines.
She shines.
Even through the clouds,
those who try to take her away from me.

I've always loved the moon as much as I loved looking at her. Even if I was only able to see a part of her or if she was on the other side of the world shining as brightly as ever, I'd still love and cherish her as much as I do when I'm able to see her.
When I was little I gave her more time than I do now.
She still looks and shines the same as before but she knows I don't think about her that often.
That's why she won't light up my room with her bright gleam to help me carry the weight of my very own thoughts.

I'm sorry mrs. Moon.

Please, come back!

I'll love you and look at you like I did before.

Please!

Moon...