Florida (50)

Johnny left and Leah and Jacob cried. It was hard knowing that because of Covid-19 they wouldn't be able to see each other until January. She found it hard to handle Jacob alone so she ended up having to invite the Nanny over permanently for help. The Nanny took a Covid-19 test and she stayed in one of the spare bedrooms.

Johnny's perspective

Johnny and the rest of the band self isolated together in a very large apartment. It was all fun and games at first, but then it kind of got annoying because everyone started to miss their partners and kids, although a lot of these men didn't have young kids. It was as if the extra testosterone had run out and now they were all empty shells of men.

"I can't wait to get back to sunny Cali." Alice said one day as he chilled on the sofa. 

"Where are we going first?" Johnny asked.

"Florida first."

"Nice one. Not far from here then."

"Yeah we'll arrive on the 3rd so we have basically the full day to rehearse for the 4th."

*

The stage was already clear for the band. Sean and Malcolm took everyone's stuff to their designated dressing room and then waited for further instructions. Johnny poured everyone a couple of shots of vodka to get them in the mood to play and then he watched the roadies set the equipment up on stage.

"You stressed, mate?" Joe asked John. He took a shot and cheersed it with John's little glass.

"Nah, just bored, init."

"How many shots have you had?"

"Only a couple. Bottoms up." They drank their shots. "Leah isn't the same as she used to be."

"How come?"

"She keeps getting drunk and keeps being moody. I'm kind of glad that we have time apart because she's pissing me off."

"I can call her later if you want."

"Hmm, could ya?"

"Totally, man." Joe said. "Want me to do it now?"

"No, she'll think I'm being controlling if I do. She mouthed off at Sean the other day when I asked him to check up on her while we were at the studio."

"She's just being emotional, she'll be sweet soon."

"I hope so, Joe."

Once Johnny felt relaxed enough he grabbed his electric guitar and sat with it on his lap. He played a little chord off the top of his head and then fiddled with the strings like he did when he heard that he'd won the court case.

"Are those strings alright, John?" Alice asked. "I have spares if you'd like them."

"I'm ok, thanks. I'm just fiddling with shit to pass the time."

"Are you missing your missus and your kid?"

"Maybe..."

"Aww, man. Leah's a good one and that little lad was cute. I'd miss 'em too."

"She's been acting differently though, man. Really emotional and stuff... You don't think she's bored of me or...?"

"Nah, man."

"Or she wants to leave me?"

"Not at all."

"Maybe she's pregnant... maybe I should pop back home and check on her."

"No, if she was she'd tell ya. Why, are you trying to get her pregnant?"

"God no. I just don't know why she's changing so much."