Part 9 - fight

Philips and I finally get back to his house and go inside.

"Y/n! Is that you!?" Says Jordan's mom.

"Hey mrs Philips, it's nice to see you!" I say, with a big smile on my face.

"It's lovely to see you too, we've really missed you" she says

"Mom we are just gonna go hang out in my room"

"Okay! If you want, you can stay the night. I'm sure your mom won't mind." She says

"Thank you mrs Philips." I say before going to Jordan's room.

"So how come everyone calls you Philips now?" I ask

"I prefer it. You can still call me Jordan though." He smiles

"Good." I smile back

A few hours go by and it gets dark. I feel tired and I can tell Philips does too. We both agree to go to sleep.

"You sleep on the bed, I'll go on the floor." Says Jordan

"You're bed is a double, we can both fit on it. Besides it's your house."

"Okay thanks." He says, climbing onto the bed.

"I really missed you y/n, it's been so boring without my best friend" he says

"Same but at least we're together now." I say.

We go to sleep. The next morning I wake up to see Jordan already changed into his uniform.

"Now that your not playing with the sandlot kids, do you wanna play with the tigers." He asks me.

"I do still want to play for with the sandlot boys but for now I suppose I'll play with you." I smile

Jordan smiles. He passes me his spare jacket. We bike to where the tigers play. Jordan introduces me to the team and we play ball for a while. They're good but not as good as the sandlot boys.

"Smalls pass it to second." Benny bats the ball over to smalls. He catches it and Passes it to yeah-yeah. They pass it around until it gets to ham.

"You've got to be kidding." Says kenny.

The tigers bike over to them. I'm on the back of Philips' bike.

"Yeah it's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid, Rodriguez" says Philips. I nudge him and frown at him.

"Don't forget, these are the kids who were rude to you." He whispers. He has a point. I was still a bit mad at them for making me choose.

"Shut your mouth Philips" says Benny. He looks so attractive when he's mad.

"What'd you say crap face?" Yells ham.

"I said that you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball. Except for Rodriguez,you're all an insult to the game" replies Philips.

"Come on, we'll take you on right here, right now!" Says ham.

'Come on!' They all shout in agreement.

"Tigers play on a real diamond, porter." I say. Shouting at them relieves some of my anger.

"Yeah, you ain't even good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats!" Agrees Philips.

"Watch it jerks." Ham says

"Shut up idiot!" I yell

"Moron!"

"Scab eater!" Yells Philips

"Butt sniffer!"

"Pus licker!" Says Philips

"Fart smeller!"

"You eat dog crap for breakfast,geek" I say

"You mix your wheaties with your mamas toe jam!"

"You bob for apples in the toilet." Says Philips.

"And you like it" he finishes. I laugh.

"You play ball like a girl!"

My jaw drops. I'm get off the bike and walk over to him. I'm about hit him with a bat until benny pulls me back. He wraps his arms around me.

"Let go of me!" I yell, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Listen! Ham that was wrong of you to say but y/n you did betray us." Benny says.

"I didn't betray you, you kicked me off the team!" I yell.

"Y/n we all want you back on the team but you and ham gotta stop fighting." Benny says.