Part 17- we can play forever

I wake up. All the boys are still asleep. I think about all the baseballs that have been left over that fence. They're scared of a dog. How pathetic. I slowly shuffle away from bennys grasp, making sure I don't wake him, and stand up. I head down the ladder of the treehouse. I walk to the sandlot. When I get there I walk over to the fence and climb onto the old rusty car. I take a breathe and hop over the fence. I look around and see a little hut near the house of the garden. A chain starts to move. I stay still and wait to see why it's moving. A few seconds later a big dog appears out of the hut. I understand why they're scared of it but there is no way that it ate anyone. It runs over to me and licks me. I stroke it. It's not as scary as all the boys make it out to be. I walk around and notice a large pile of baseballs. So those were the baseballs they were all talking about. I walk over and pick a few of them up. I throw them over the fence.

Benny wakes up and sees that I'm not there. He wakes the others up.

"Guys, where is y/n." He asks them.

"I don't know. She was with you!" Says ham.

"Just go check the sandlot." Says squints.

They all leave the treehouse and run to the sandlot. When they get there, they see a bunch of balls scattered around the field. They all look around confused. From the other side of the fence, baseballs started flying over. They run over and climb onto the rusty car. They all look at eachother in shock when they see me playing with the beast and throwing balls over.

"Y/n! What are you doing?!" Yells smalls

"You're gonna get hurt!" Says benny

"Yeah yeah truly" says yeah-yeah.

"I'm fine guys!" I yell back.

"Look at all these baseballs!" Says ham in shock. "We can play forever!"

Benny jumps over and starts to help me. The boys run off the gather the boys on the field.

"You could've told me you were going." He says to me.

"Well you would've convinced me not to do it." I respond.

"Fair enough. Tell me next time though so I know your safe." He kisses me on the cheek. I smile at him.