1.3

The last few months flew by. We were at countless appointments with Kaylee, she was told that she didn't have much time left. With all the chemo treatments that she has been going to, it has all been making her feel and look worse. She used to be a fit, young lady, always out doing things running marathons, volunteering wherever she could, feeding the homeless, working and spending as much time as she could with Tyrone and David. She loved Jayce's kids more than anything and would do anything she could to be with them as long as she could. Both kids knew that their auntie Kaylee. wasn't going to be around for the rest of their lives, which was most definitely a hard conversation to have, but a needed one.

Kenzie has been in and out of the house, giving all the gossip that a typical teen will talk about. She was all over telling them about her latest hookups, and who her friends are sleeping with and all that sort of drama. She was very popular in their town, everyone knew who she was, and everyone was talking about her. It could be from Hanna and what all went down with her, or it could be because of her personality. She was a bubbly young lady, was your high school prom queen, captain of both the volleyball and basketball teams. Gold medallist for badminton singles. And on the soccer team who have won provincials three times in a row! She was well known, but everyone was always behind her back, talking about Hanna. 

Hanna had a lot of trouble with the law, got married to Drew, who two weeks into their marriage decided to cheat on her with her best friend back home in Australia. So she was coming back home, filing for divorce, and Jayce knew that she was going to try to talk to him, or Kenzie and he was preparing himself for that. He hasn't seen her in forever, after that incident that happened at the restaurant almost a year ago, she hasn't been around, and was nowhere to be seen or heard from. 

Leah was still going strong, she had some rough patches with her marriage, but she has been doing good again. Her and her husband are stronger than ever and are expecting their third child together. She's been going back to school to get her culinary degree, and hopefully get a job in a kitchen once she gives birth to her little bundle of joy. She was now 24, and was planning on being a stay at home mom, but her husband had an accident at his work, leaving him on disability leave, and he has been enjoying the stay at home dad role, so Leah has been the sole income maker. And she was loving it. 

Jayce's parents and other siblings have moved back home to England due to family issues, lots of health issues arose in the last few months, and his mother needed to be home to take care of Jayce's grandparents. She didn't plan on staying long in England, but the girls all have been loving it there, and made friends and even boyfriends there and she decided that it would be for the best to stay there. She told Jayce that if the kids or him and Kayden ever wanted to visit she would gladly pay for their tickets. She has two successful businesses that she opened up in England, and she was doing pretty well.  always sending money to her children so it made it easier to support her grandchildren.

And then there was Jayce. He was living life, enjoying spending time with Kayden, Kaylee and obviously his little ones. He has been taking the kids to every sport they want. He knew that the kids needed a distraction, it may be over a year since Zayn was put behind bars, but the abuse that both him and the kids went through, made it hard for them all to forget about it. Jayce knew that the road was going to be a long road to recovery, but it was going to be a road that he wasn't going to walk alone. Kayden has never left Jayce's side since he was released. He knew that the trauma that he placed on Jayce and his family was never going to go away, but he knew that small steps are the only way to go. 

Jayce's mom won't talk to Kayden, but she is willing to accept that the two are in love and told Kayden that if he can prove to her that she is there for Jayce for the long run, she will find it in her heart to eventually forgive him. Kayden knew that he had a lot of mending to do with her, and he would do anything to prove that he wasn't the dude four years ago. He loved Jayce, more than anything and would never let anything happen to him, he would care for him and make sure that no harm was to ever come his way ever again.