Chapter 8 |:| Hau and Sycamore

IM SO SORRY THAT THIS IS LATE, I WENT ON A ROAD TRIP AND HAVENT HAD TIME TO WRITE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hau's pov

I sat at the bench by the Pokemon centre, watching Y/n leave, Dartrix and Pikachu in my arms. Y/n had finally returned with my pokemon and told me everything that had happened.

A part of me still refused to believe that Guzma could be a nice person. After all, didnt he kidnap Y/n at some point?

But if what Y/n told me was true, then i have Guzma to thank as well for saving my pokemon (from his own gang but still).

Letting out a contented sigh, i leaned back in my seat and soaked up the sun, enjoying the moment if peace. Finally i can rest easy knowing that my pokemon are safe.

My ears perked up as i heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Jumping to conclusions, i called out Y/n's name, thinking that she had returned to spend more time with me. Which was a thought that made my heart thrum with glee.

But to my disappointment, as i looked to the culprit of the footsteps, it wasnt Y/n who stood before me.

Instead stood a man in his mid-thirties, sporting a large labcoat and an expression of shock. Beside him, was a MASSIVE pokemon, it had a cream colored body and was armed with spikes and a big shell on its back.

Both he and the pokemon bounded over and loomed over me.

"....what did you say?" He muttered, looking deep into my eyes.

I felt a lump rise in my throat. This dude was seriously intense.

"S-sorry sir, when i heard your footsteps, I mistook you for my friend."

"Friend...? Y/n? Y/n Sycamore?? She's your friend????" He questioned eagerly.

"Well...i never knew her last name but...yeah....why...?" I answered, this dude was seriously starting to creep me out.

"Please. Please you need to help me find her." He begged, dropping dramatically to his knees. Completely erasing his intimidating demeanour into one of pure desperation. his huge pokemon looked down at him with utter annoyance.

I looked down at the pitiful sight. Now that i could analyze him, I realized that he was quite unkempt, as if he hasnt had a good sleep in days.

This was seriously weird. Why was this dude looking for Y/n? He couldnt be related to her...could he? No way, he looks nothing like Y/n.

"Im sorry...but, may i ask who you are? And why youre searching for Y/n?" I said in my most polite tone.

Something seemed to strike inside his mind, and he swiftly hopped back to his feet, dusting off his pants.

"My apologies young man. It seems like i have forgotten my manners" he said whimsically.

"I am Professor Augustine Sycamore. And i am Y/n's father." He declared, instantly livening up.

"You- Y/n's-Professor-....What??"

I looked him up and down furiously, trying to find one thing that he had in common with Y/n. Maybe...their personalities were slightly similar...?

Of course, Y/n never acted the way he did when he heard me say her name, but just now when he introduced himself...ive seen that confidence in Y/n.

Yet another reason that she is amazing.

"So...if youre Y/n's father, how come you dont know where she is?" I asked, coming off as more rude than i had intended.

This hit him hard, as his gaze faltered and he fell to his knees once more.