Chapter 9 |:| Apologies

"What is it, who are you?" Grumbled Guzma, answering the door.

"Hello there, my name is professor Sycamore, and i believe you have my daughter."

"Oh...Y'know what?"

*CRASH*

"She just left."

As soon as Sycamore had stated his arrival, Y/n had crashed through the back door, and bolted off, followed closely by Growlithe.

"Chesnaught, go get your trainer." Instructed Sycamore.

"Ches!" It barked, chasing after Y/n, but before it could get to her, it was stopped by Golisopod.

The two had a fierce staredown before Chesnaught mercilessly batted it to the side with needle arm, then quickly caught up with Y/n.

Y/n's pov

Oh my god. Its really him. He actually found me.

Luckily, i was able to escape through Guzma's back door.

Sycamore said something, and Chesnaught came rushing towards me, tossing Golisopod to the side as if it were a ragdoll.

"CHES!!" It shouted after me, hot on my heels.

I could feel my lungs burning, and after a few minutes of running, my pace slowed until i was barely walking.

He got me

Chesnaught scooped me up in its arms and gave me a big bear hug.

"H-hi buddy..." i swalled, happy to have my old pokemon back, but horrified that it meant i would have to face my father.

"Ches ches naught!!" It scolded me, clearly hurt that i'd been avoiding it.

"I know i know, im sorry, i really wanted to see you, but you were with da- *ahem* Sycamore."

With a huff, it hugged me again, before turning to greet Growlithe, after all, they were old friends.

Thats when Sycamore, Hau and Guzma all came running up to me.

"Sorry y/n..." apologized Guzma.

"Y/n, what's happening? He told me that he was your dad, how come you dont want to see him?" Questioned Hau.

"Hau...did you...lead him here??" I asked.

"....yeah" he admitted, looking guilty.

Turning to face my father, i looked him in the eyes with a scowl.

He however, was at a loss for words.

"Y/n..." he breathed.

"What. What do you want?? Why cant you just let me live my life????!" I demanded.

Without another word, he grasped my arm and pulled me into a hug. Hot tears pouring from his eyes.

"Y/n, im so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. Please, i just- ive been so worried. I had to take a leave of absence from the lab to come searching for you and..." he gushed.

"Dad....you smothered me. I was a prisoner! And now you've tracked me down to force me back!" I snarled, pushing out of the hug.

"I know, i know. I've realized my error and im so sorry. But please give me another chance, i wont take you back unless you want to go." He promised.

This was nothing like how I'd expected. I thought he wouldve been yelling and screaming and insisting we go back immediately. It seems like he really has noticed how horrible he's been.

Suddenly, i felt my hatred melt away, revealing the love that had never really left. I told myself every time i thought of him, that he was a terrible person, and hes done nothing but harm to me....but thats not true, hatred could never make me forget all the lovely memories of us as a family...

As much as i tried to hold back, i felt tears forming in the corners of my eyes, and i embraced my dad once more.

"Are you really.....sorry?" I choked.

"Yes darling. I swear i will never clip your wings again. But that doesnt mean i dont want to be your dad, we'll always be a family. I love you sweetheart."

It was the words i had been longing to hear. After all, i guess i never really hated him, but this. This changes everything. I could go back now, back home, and i would be free to come and go as i please.

"I love you too dad" i cried, smiling.

Our reunion had gone far better than i had expected. Me and dad went out to a nice restaurant to catch up, i talked about my adventures and all my new friends and pokemon, and he told me all about his groundbreaking research in mega evolution. By the time we were done, the sun was set, and he told me that he couldnt stay away from the lab any longer, and now that he's made things right with me, he can finally go back. He also made it very clear that i should come visit as soon as possible, but also said to take my time in adjusting to everything that had just happened. Chesnaught was left with me (seeing as how it refused to leave my side now that i had been found) and dad took the last boat out to Kalos.

As much as i longed for home, my business still isnt done in alola. So i would remain here until i was ready to go back.

Sitting on the sunsoaked sand, I watched the boat with my dad on it get smaller and smaller in the distance, until it was just a dot on the horizon. My pokemon were all playing with Chesnaught, clearly baffled by his sheer mass as they jumped all over him and marvelled when he was still standing.

For the first time since i'd ran away from home, i felt truly at peace. There was nothing left weighing on my shoulders, no secrets.

No secrets......

"No secrets like how ive fallen for Hau AND Guzma." I admitted to myself.

Yeah.

There was definitely unfinished business here.

Hau pov

Y/n had gone away with Sycamore to catch up now that they'd made up. Leaving me and Guzma staring after them as they walked away.

"More like staring after her..." I realized, turning to see the look on Guzma's face.

"You like her dont you!" I accused, as soon as they were out of earshot.

Guzma did a double take on what i'd just said "Huh??!!! W-what are ya talkin about kid?! Of course not!" He stuttered, face turning red.

"Shes too good for you!" I growled.

Guzma had a look of, "yeah, i know" on his face and i felt guilt stab me like a Scyther.

"Listen kid, Y/n is....special shes not like anybody i've ever met. She doesnt care about how horrible i am, and at the end of the day, heh, she isn't afraid to break into my house and sneak into my bed" he laughed, smirking to himself.

It felt like someone had dropped a Metagross on me. She really snuck into his bed...when he was there??! "D-did you guys do anything??!!!" I accused, turning pink.

Guzma responded with a red face, "Wh- WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA KID?!! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!" He shouted, embarrassed at the implications.

"Hmph."

With a huff, i decided to go home. There was a lot to think about.

Does Y/n like Guzma...the way i like her?

...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ripped it off like a bandaid, here it is! Y/n and her dad are finally reunited-ish!

Stay safe friends ❤️✌🏼