the date.

~ ⋱ ۪ ۫ ݂ ๋ ☽ 𝆴 ~ ۪ ۫ ࣭ ۪ ☾ 。⋰ ♡⋱ ۪ ۫ ݂ ๋ ☽ 𝆴 ~ ۪ ۫ ࣭ ۪ ☾ 。⋰ ♡⋱ ۪ ۫ ݂ ๋ ☽ ~ ⋱ ۪ ۫ ݂ ๋ ☽ 𝆴 ~ ۪ ۫ ࣭ ۪ ☾ 。⋰

after that embarrassing confession last night, you said your goodbyes to xiao for the night and got ready for bed. you felt your heart racing and your stomach fluttering like crazy. what were you going to wear? how were you supposed to act on a date? you wanted to make sure this whole day went smoothly, no matter what.

you went to sleep that night with a flush dusted all over your cheeks. <3

.

.

.

the lovely annoying alarm clock disturbed your long slumber. you smacked your phone to shut it off and groaned. you knew the date was today, and you wanted to look as nice as possible for xiao. so, you brushed your teeth, combed your h/l h/c, you even decided to do skincare!

then, it was the moment of decision: what you were going to wear. you opted for your f/o (favorite outfit!) that was casual but also could fit a formal setting. xiao said he was going to pick you up at 9:30, and it was currently 9:15 after getting ready. you sat down on your couch, sweating. 

why am i so nervous? this is xiao we're talking about! it's going to be fine, everything will be fi- wait! what if he kisses me?! oh gosh, i need breath mints and gum and chapstick and-

you heard a knock on the door, and you panic, grabbing the items you listed very quickly and stuffed them in your bag. you then rushed to the door, tidying your hair before opening the door. 

xiao stood at the door, red as a tomato. oh my god, he looks so good-

he was dressed like he would anywhere, but something was different. whether the fact that it was a date still set in your fluttering stomach, or the fact that he just- looks so good in edgy clothes, you could helplessly not hide how much you were blushing right then.

"y-you look good..." you mumble shyly and xiao nodded in retaliation. "y-you too... y/n... shall we go?" he offers a hand, and you take it hesitantly. you didn't want him to feel how warm your hand was. "mhm.." you mumbled again.

he led you into his car and let you in first, then you were off.

"where are we going?" you asked xiao, he had been silent the whole time of the drive. "it's a surprise, y/n." he smiled softly and your heart exploded from his cuteness. you nodded understandingly and continued to go the rest of the way in peaceful silence.

you arrived at a beautiful forest with gorgeous flowers scattered all over the fields. the morning sun rays gave your whole body a warm hugging sensation. looking at xiao, he already looked so gorgeous, but with the sunlight beaming on him...

oh god. someone help. i cannot take this.

"is something wrong, y/n?" xiao asked, tilting his head cutely. "oh, not at all! i'm actually quite happy, this place is really beautiful.. i just.. you look really.. pretty.. in the sun.." 

xiao turned bright pink and was still holding onto your hand. he swung your arms back and forth happily as you both walked through the peaceful meadow of a forest. "i-i'm glad you like it.." 

at one point, he stops walking and you are greeted by a gigantic tree with gorgeous leaves falling from its big branches, falling on your head every once and a while. little animals and critters greeted the two of you kindly, almost like you were in a fairytale. xiao pulled out a picnic blanket and set up an entire ensemble of food for the two of you.