Wolfstar: A Marauder True Story

Chapter One: On the Train

"James! Prongs! Old buddy old pal! I haven't seen you in forever!" Sirius yells at me.

"I just left five minutes ago to go to the bathroom, Padfoot, relax." I reply.

Sirius just smiles, and runs through the corridor of the Hogwarts Express, toward Gryffindor Sixth Year seating, where we knew Moony, and Wormtail would be waiting for us. When we get there, I sit down, in a window seat., followed shortly by a hyper Sirius, and a bored-looking Remus. Where is Peter? I ask myself, in my brain.

I see him walking into the box, arms full of food. He sits, across from Remus, and pushes the door shut. Then, not surprisingly, he begins stuffing his face with the food. It is a wonder his animagus form is not a swine of sorts. The thought makes me smile.

"Prongs! Wipe that smirk off your face, we don't want Evans to think you're up to some sort of mischief already." Sirius comments, a smile forming on his face.

I jump from my seat and pull my wand from my pocket, Sirius goes to reach for his, "Expelleriamus!"

Sirius's wand flies out of his hands, and into mine.

"Now I have a right to have a smirk on my face, don't I Siri?" I tease, a bit, then I toss his wand back at him. He glares at me, and turns to Remus.

"Moony! Jamesiepoo hexed me!"

"If you don't stop yelling I might actually have to hex you into silence, Sirius." I comment.

"Moony!" Sirius complains, hiding behind Remus.

"Prongs, shut up. We all know you won't do that." Remus scolds, not even looking up from his book.

"OH! HEY MOONY! WHATCHA READING?" Sirius asks, feigning interest in Remus's book.

"A Midsummer's Night Dream." Remus mumbles.

"What the hell is that?"

"A muggle book, that was written a few hundred years ago.-'

After that, I tuned out and looked out the window. The scenery of England passes by me, the beautiful forests and such passing in a blur. I longed to be in the forest again. To be a stag again. I went all summer without it. I was too busy working to go on a run, and on my days off, I spent them writing to my friends, excluding Sirius, who had moved in with me and my family. I wrote mostly to Moony. He never really included much detail. Mostly tips. On Lily.

Oh, Lily. I missed her. Her red hair, and bright green eyes. Her can-do, bubbly attitude, and how she always seemed to look flawless, even when she decided to just hang around in the common room. Lilyflower was beautiful without trying. I wonder what she is up to. Probably with the Prefects. Which is probably where Moony and I should be, but hell, I wanted to hang out with my friends for just a few minutes more.

"James. Stop that moping right now! Evans doesn't like you. Get over it. Stop moping, Prongs." Sirius says, watching me, staring out the window.

"Shut up Padfoot. I am not moping."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Yes."

"No."

"SHUT UP YOU TWO! I am trying to READ!" Remus yells, finally looking up at us, away from his book.

"Yes, love." Sirius, says, not noticing Remus's blush, "What ever would we do without you, Moony?"

"Fail all of your classes." Moony says, which causes me to laugh. I'm not as stupid as most seem to think I am. I just enjoy having a good time. I am actually really good at Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, and Charms. Moony was good at Muggle Studies, History of Magic, and pretty much everything else besides Potions and Transfiguration. That is why I brewed the potions to make the Marauders into animagi, not him. Common misconception.

"No, I'd have Jamie. Wouldn't I Prongs?"

"Stop calling me Jamie." I snap, smiling. You can't stay mad at Sirius for too long. He is  a right ass, he is, but still,  a good guy when you are nice.

"You know Sirius and I love you, right James?" Moony says, a smile on his face too.

"I most definitely do not love you James. NO WAY NO HOW. My heart belongs to one person, and one person only."

..."Shut up Sirius." Remus mumbles.

"Is that why you slept with most of the girls in our grade last year?" I ask.

"I said my heart, not my fiddlestick, James. There is a difference."

"So Moony. We should probably go to the Prefect's car." I say, ignoring Sirius now.

"That would probably be best."

"What!?! You're leaving me with Wormy?!?" Sirius exclaims.

"Yeah. You're lucky we don't stick Peeves in here with you." I joke. Turning and running down the halls of the train, towards the back of the train, and the Prefects, pulling Remus behind me.

"Peeves never leaves Hogwarts James." Moony comments, smiling.

"I know that, but does Sirius?" I say, evilly.

"We'll find out later."

We continue down the hall, passing the Hufflepuff boxes, and the Ravenclaw desks, and were just pushing our way through the doors of the Slytherin boxes, when we ran into a rather skinny, familiar Slytherin with black hair that was slicked back and greasy. Snivellus, aka, Severus Snape.

"Potter. I see you're still blind as a bat." He comments.

"I see your nose is still abnormally large and crooked."

"And you're still a jerk."

"I'm still a better person than you." I state, pushing my way passed him. I was done dealing with his drama. He could go rot in the Chamber of Secrets. I was a Quidditch player, and Seeker no doubt. I went from Chaser to Seeker last year. It was fun. I was playing around with Sirius, the other Chaser, and I accidentally let the snitch go, so a chased after it, and caught it in a few minutes time. Coach saw, and made me join the team, as Seeker, not Chaser. He was a small, arrogant prat, and a Slytherin with no athletic ability whatsoever.

"Wow, James, you just walked away. I am proud." Remus says, smiling.

"Don't count on me being so nice next time."