Chapter Six

Chapter Six: I don't want to be in love

[Sirius's POV]

I am so excited! James and Lily just got back from their 'important meeting'. Probably all James did was stare at Lily's ass. Which is actually good looking. Lily wasn't a bad looking girl. Green eyes and red hair, flaring temper, and a mind of her own. Independent. Genius. Beautiful. Way out of James's league.

I couldn't help but to let a smug smile cross my face.

"So, Pads, are we going to play hide and seek or what?" Remus says.

"Oh! People! I have a very grand idea! We can get the biggest game of hide and seek going in Hogwarts history!" I yell.

"No, Sirius." James says, rolling his eyes, "I have had enough of hyper children. I would much rather take a bloody nap."

"Jamesie! I want to play hide and seek!" I yell at him.

He moves towards the couch. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN JAMES! I pull him back and push him out the door, and yell, "GO HIDE! ILL START COUNTING!"

Everyone scatters.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[James's POV]

I have the best idea for a hiding spot. I know I acted like I was tired, but I really wasn't. I needed a break from being responsible. So I ran at top speed toward the Astronomy Tower.

It was dark out now, and I was running up the sprial stair cases to the top of the Astronomy tower. When I got there, I was shocked to see Lily there.

"Lily, what are you doing in my hiding place?" I asked her.

"Your hiding place? You act as if you own the space!" She retorts.

Ouch. "Fine, I can share. Come with me, Sirius is bound to find you there." I say, waving for her to follow me. I stood in one of the windows.

"James! Are you completely mental?!? Get down from there! You're going to fall!" Lily yells at me.

I slowly edge to the side of the window and found the rope ladder I attached to the side of the tower to hide better from people in my second or third year, I don't really remember. It was etched into the stone wall, but it was there, thanks to a permanent sticking spell I learned from an advanced book. Yes, I do read. I'm not daft.

I grab onto the ladder and climb to the flat roof of the tower.

"James!" Lily squealed, sticking her head out the window, looking down at the ground, fear etched all over her face. Hah, she believed I jumped.

"Yes Lily?" I say, hanging over the edge to catch her attention, that I was really above her, and not below her.

"How did you get up there?" Lily asked, curiosity shining in her eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Remus's POV]

I strolled calmly down the hall toward the Room of Requirement. Making sure Sirius was done counting, so he could follow me, I opened the Room of Requirement's door, and stepped inside, just waiting for him to walk in.

It took him about a half an hour, and the room was dark, I lit my wand and opened the door to find the halls empty. Except for a very confused Sirius, standing there gawking.

I heard footsteps coming from down the hall, coming towards us. I began to panic. It was way past curfew now. I pulled Sirius into the room and closed the door quickly.

I sighed a sigh of utter relief.

"Remus. Where are we?" Sirius asks.

"The Room of Requirement."

"How did you find this?"

"I didn't, Lily did."

"Evans? Lily Evans found this utterly awesome place?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Lily's POV]

I screamed as James disappeared from the window.

"JAMES!" I yelled, looking out the window, down at the ground. I expected to see a splattered James on the school grounds, splayed every which way, blood coating the grass. But I didn't see that.

Just then, I feel someone touch the top of my head.

"Yes, Lily?" James's voice asks me. I turn to look at him, and see that he is leaning over the edge of the roof of the Astronomy tower looking at me.

"How did you get up there?" I ask, utterly curious.

"In second or third year, I needed a way to get away from Sirius's craziness for a while, so I came up to the Astronomy tower, and found out that the tower's roof was flat. So I climbed up there to investigate. I Made a ladder of sorts and permanently stuck it to the outer parts of the tower. I began to use this spot more and more often, so I decided to make it my spot. Got it?"James explains.

"Got it. Can I?"

"Of Course, I thought you would never ask." James says, offering his hand to help me get up there.

He held onto my hand and lead me up the side of the astronomy tower.

I had to admit, it was beautiful up here. The stars seemed so close that I could reach out and touch them. One downfall, it was freezing up here.

I shivered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[James's POV]

I saw her shiver, I pulled my cloak off immedietely and draped it around her.

"James, if I take your cloak, you'll freeze." Lily states. Trying to give me my cloak back.

"If I take my cloak back, you'll freeze, and I'll never hear the end of it." I respond, earning a glare from her, so I added, " And I was raised to be a gentleman. So, you're going to keep my cloak on, and you're going to like it." I say, wiggling my eyebrows.

She giggles and pulls my cloak around her, her eyes drooping.

I pulled her closer to me, and she fell asleep on my chest.

BEST. DAY. OF. MY. LIFE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Remus's POV]

We sat on a couch, that just appeared out of nowhere.

We sat in silence for a long time.

I began to observe how close he was to me. His proximity to me was killing me.

I began to get restless.

He looks at me, a confused look on his face.

I crushed my lips to his.

He pulled away, after a few seconds, and ran from the room.

Damn it.