»»-Chapter 4-««

The walk to the Wayne's was the easy part, though I was soaked to my skin and freezing the entire time. The hard part was getting in.
The house was surrounded by a high metal fence with little to nothing to climb onto. This is gonna be harder than you thought, huh? Stupid voice in my head. I can climb up there, hell, I jumped out a window! This is gonna be a piece of cake. So I began to walk around the fence, looking for somewhere which was slightly easier to climb up, a weak spot. But all bushes and trees had been trimmed far enough away from the fence to prevent being used to climb. It was probably done by their stupid butler Alfred. Stupid Bruce with his stupid butler and stupid parents and stupid fancy house. Oops. I was spiralling. But I finally reached the entrance I had began at, going full circle. There was nothing to climb onto except the fence itself, it was almost twice my height but if I jumped, using the fence to give me leg up...

I was up! Hardly. I was hanging on by my fingertips, my legs dangling in mid air, trying to grip onto the fence. It was all or nothing. I removed one of my hands, briefly. Hooking my arm around one of the spikes at the top of the fence, then doing the same with my other arm. Using all my body strength I pulled myself upwards, able to swing my legs over, dropping me onto the other side. By the time my feet touched the floor I was shaking, hardly able to stand. My body not yet recovered from the strain. As I struggled to my feet I began to walk towards the manor.
It was huge from behind the fence but the closer I got, the bigger I realised it was. It was intimidating, almost. In the dark it was ominous, the huge tiled roofing and dark bricking made it look haunted. I laughed to myself before realising... I had no way to get in. Way to think this out. It was impulsive to come here, but now I was here, I was going to get in.

I looked around the house, circling it like a vulture to prey, looking for an open door on one of the many balconies, trying every side entrance there was, surely they couldn't have locked all 200 doors into this place, but they did. Shit. I decided to muster up the last of my body strength to get onto one of the smaller balconies. I used the ivy attached to the wall alongside it to climb, jumping onto the balcony. I tried the door, locked. Well fuck. I was tired, wet, hungry, lonely and my one plan for a place to stay was screwed. I had one last idea, the very last case scenario.
I walked toward the window beside the door, it was tiny but I would be able to just fit in. I pulled and pushed it to no avail, giving up finally. Just do it. I took a deep breath, and punched the window. My hand made a sickening sound against the glass, a small crack appearing in the glass. I was close to tears but I didn't give up. This time covering my arm in my hoodie for some make shift boxing glove I hit the glass again, and again, and again. Taking out a fraction of the anger and frustration I felt toward my uncle on the window before it came crashing through. I did it!! I smashed the last of the glass that hadn't been broken and slid my way through the tiny opening.

I was in.