»»-Chapter 6-««

Shit! I woke up with the sun high in the sky. I was going to be late! I checked the time, the clock claiming it was 2:30pm. Fuck! I ran to the Wayne's master bedroom and into Ms Wayne's closet. I practically threw clothes around the room as I tried to find something cute but still my style. Unluckily for me, almost everything was fancy and dressy. I needed casual. I settled on some black baggy pants with a belt, matched with Mr Wayne's black waist coat, it was formal but also casual. Fancy but also easy to move in. Good enough. I grabbed my bad, the keys and threw on my grey hoodie before sprinting downstairs and shoving my shoes on.

The front door... I searched through the keys as I began to try each one in the door. A large silver key ended up being the correct one. I mentally took note as I locked the door behind me. I ran towards the fence and began the gruelling task of climbing it. My knees almost gave way halfway up, but I managed to get over without too much of a problem. Finally my feet touched the ground and I could begin towards the circus.

I sprinted down the streets of Gotham, my legs stumbling, still recovering from yesterday's climb over the fence and then today's as well. But I managed to get to the circus just in time. Haly's had just began opening the gate, waves of people entering the tent. I practically sprinted towards the caravans. I weaved my way between them, searching for the ginger haired boy from yesterday, mystery man. But instead I was met with screams from inside a trailer. Ear-piercing screeches. Shouts... from a woman. I didn't know who it was directed at, a 'failure' and 'mistake' according to the woman. Just then I heard the door handle being tried, I was still frozen in my place, but sprang to action, hiding behind the closest trailer, peeking around. He walked out... followed by the snake charmer from yesterday... she leaned into his face and whispered something to him before walking away. Leaving him alone. He looked shaken, so unlike the confident 'mystery man' from yesterday. I debated approaching before watching him turn around toward me. His eye blossomed with purples and blues, swelling to almost twice it's natural size, leaving the browns in his eyes to be hidden and clouded to an almost black colour. I couldn't stay hidden so I rushed toward him, pulling him into a hug.
"Are you okay?" was the first and main thing running through my mind, she did this to him... that woman. I could feel it.
"Yeah, yeah, I just hit my face off the corner of the table like a total dumbass" he joked, almost entirely becoming the person I met yesterday, but I wasn't buying it.
"Uh huuuuh... so who was the woman shouting?" I asked, walking alongside him, towards the exit of the field.
"Just Lila, she was just mad I hadn't cleaned my room, it's whatever" he brushed off, staring straight ahead, refusing to meet my eye.
"Wow, bit of an extreme reaction, don't ya think?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood.
"Oh, she's always one for an extreme reaction" he rolled his eyes at the thought. "So, where ya taking me?" he smiled, finally turning to me.
"I'm not sure if I can tell you Mystery Man. I might just never tell you, unless you want to trade?" I smiled back at him, mischievously.
"Alright, alright. I'll trade my name to know where we're going. But you can't laugh at me, okay?" he laughed.
"Okay, deal."
"Okay... my name... is..." He built the suspense. "Adolf." he told me solemnly. My face dropped.
"You're joking."
"I wish I was... you see why I didn't tell you now?" He dropped his head, hiding his face behind his ginger hair.
"Oh... my... god..." I was holding back laughter "I know I said I wouldn't laugh... but I'm sorry... that's terrible!" I was almost crying trying to contain myself.
"Don't laugh! I have to live with this!" He kept his face hidden, his voice breaking mid sentence.
"I'm so sorry A- Adolf!" upon saying his name out loud I burst into laughter, having to stop in the middle of the street, holding his arm for support. His shoulders were shaking now. Oh god, I'd made him cry! Nice one dumbass. Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP! I composed myself "Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to laugh, I'm sorry" He finally turned to me. A grin was plastered on his face, silently laughing.

"Gotcha!" His laugh became loud, filling the silence, almost manical.
"Jesus you scared me there you wanker!" I pushed his shoulder, joining his laughter.
"Adolf? Do I look like an Adolf to you?" he laughed
"Well..." I reached into the mud of a garden beside me, smearing some above his lip in a Hitler moustache fashion. "THERE! Now you do!" I laughed even harder as he modelled the mud, pretending to stroke it.
"Does it suit me? I think I pull it off! I might grow a real one!" he was holding his sides, lying on the floor, laughing alongside me at his own jokes. After a minute of laughter, we calmed each other and I helped him up.
"Come on Adolf, let me show you where I'm staying" I kept hold of his hand after he was stood for a minute longer than I should've but it felt so nice. He probably thinks you're so weird now. No he doesn't.