𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞 𝐥'𝐨𝐞𝐢𝐥

Song: Broken Ones by Illenium

"Azulejo; Tiles of enamelled faience of Mauro-Spanish manufacture, used to cover the walls of buildings. The Hôtel de Cluny possesses some large plaques enamelled in this style, earlier in date than the end of the 15th century, as well as a large signboard of the factory of this Spanish pottery, which bears the inscription Fabrica de Azulejos."

This was stupid

This was stupid.

My hands were crossed tightly across my chest as looking past the window at the other buildings, deliberately ignoring the person who sat in front of me, scribbling away on a book.

"Samantha?"

I didn't answer, staring outside at the clouds instead causing her to sigh and the sound of a page being flipped reached my ears.

"My name is Dr Hamilton," she started with a crisp British accent. "And it's nice to meet you. You look like a very lovely girl."

The image of a blond boy came to my head but I quickly dismissed it.

It was a common name.

"It says here that you have Hyperthymesia - a condition where a person is allowed to remember every part of their life in vivid detail - is that true?"

"Not every part," I corrected dryly, still staring outside. The way she rattled it rubbed me the wrong way. "Just an abnormal amount."

"Really?" She inquired, making her voice softer. "How long?"

Too long.

My voice came out hard. "I can remember things from the age of two quite well."

She paused in her writing. "Two?"

I almost smirked at the shock in her tone but tampered it down with a 'yes' and from my side eye took in her features.

This lady had light brown hair, unlike Drake's blond ones, a softer face and a rounder body. The only thing she had in common with him might've been their eyes.

And that isn't common either. About eight per cent of the world's population had blue eyes.

But not all of them have the same crisp British accent she had.

Merde.

After a few moments, she managed to shake herself out of it and face her pad again. "Can I ask a few questions then?"

Standard procedure.

My skin bristled in irritation but I gave a curt, "Go ahead."

There was a brief smile. "Thank you. Now," she started, "What happened on the sixteenth of September, in 2002?"

"I started kindergarten at St. Therese's, right here in Brooklyn."

Dr Hamilton waved her pen in the air catching my attention and I gave her a nod, motioning for her to continue. "And on November twentieth, 2010?"