𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭

Song: Walk Alone by Rudimental

"Acetabulum, A small vase used by the Romans to hold vinegar, and employed by jugglers in playing the game of thimble ring"

"Sam."

I ignored the person talking and busied myself with my books in the locker.

"I know you can hear me," she pressed on and it was my turn to sigh, knowing that she wouldn't leave even if I insisted, and remained silent.

Just go away.

"Don't be an ass. C'mon,"

Closing my locker slowly, my eyes met her sapphire ones that shone with pain and anger.

"What do you want, Jasmine?"

It had been a week. And I was guessing her twin had revealed to her what had transpired between him and Drake.

Her nose flared up at her full name, not at all fond of the princess in the movie. "Don't call me that," she warned, trying to scare me.

It didn't work.

"Why?" My shoulders shrugged, confused. "It is your name, after all, you should be proud of it."

She peered at me closer, as if trying to figure me out and let her arms drop.

My eyes ran over her body and noted the bruising of her creamy skin that she tried to hide beneath her jacket, the split knuckles on display, turning a pretty shade of fuchsia.

"What happened to you?"

The question came out of our mouths at the same time, causing a small smile to grow on her lips and a shake of my head.

Jasmine ran her fingers through her hair stopping at her ponytail sheepishly. "I got into a fight. You?"

My hand came up to adjust the strap of my backpack, pushing my dark tresses over my shoulder. "I punched someone in the throat."

Her mouth opened in absolute horror and incredulity. "You're fucking joking?"

I shook my head at her, a bubbling sensation starting to boil at the pit of my stomach, tickling my sides with absolute mirth and unable to help it, a small quirk made its way across my lips.

Her eyes went brighter at the action and her features softened making her look exactly like her mother.

The feeling of guilt passed through me, nagging at my brain of how insensitive I was of not even asking after her family.

"Just like old times, right?"

The quirk disappeared at her words, and a sinking feeling burst all the bubbles from earlier like they never existed.