𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐡

Song: Stay by Alessa Cara

"Abacus. (Arch.) A tablet placed upon the capital of a column, which adds to the surface of the capital and so enables it the better to support the superincumbent architrave."

"Home sweet home," my father said as we came down from the car and I took the longest, cursing inwardly at my aching muscles from lack of movement

"Wow," Lily's voice reached my ears.

"Dior, it's beautiful." That was my mother.

I felt irritated all of a sudden but turned to face the house and came to a stop.

It was magnificent.

Done in a Georgian style, the walls were made out of marble and stones, towering over us greatly and stretched out far from what I could tell.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spied a fountain of different cherubs shooting out water onto one other before it hit the basin.

There were rows of flowers leading up to the stairs that led to the front door, painted a dark brown, mahogany, colour-rich and breath-taking.

It was...nice.

"I know amore," my father said, his suave voice filled with affection. "Welcome to our new home."

"It's Instagram worthy," Lily approved with a squeal already taking several shots of the veranda ignoring my father's admonishment on social misinterpretation on affluence.

Typical.

Taking a look around, I realized that there weren't many houses in the area, the closest one being another drive up a few meters away and remembered the security saying that only five houses were in the estate.

"What do you think, Sam?"

I turned my head to my father who grinned at me with happiness swimming in his green eyes.

Mr Dior Saint Laurent; my father, stood at six foot four, towering my petite frame of five feet and was currently in charge of the board of the Yves Saint Laurent company with his other five siblings and two of the grandchildren.

Aside from that, he created his wealth outside the family's name, owning a corporate law firm, the main branch situated in Manhattan.

Noting that the former CEO died and the others needed guidance not trusting them completely, he decided we move back down right here to Cobble Hill, Brooklyn having a small love for the borough.

I looked at the place again before replying, "It's a house."

Lily scoffed at my choice of words while my father raised his brow to his inky black hair, his cheeks coloured a bit, pink staining cream.