Chapter 4 - Sweet Dreams

Hawk ignores the first knock and slowly starts to sink back into his mattress. The mattress was feeling like a cloud of pure comfort as if it was cradling him into a state of peace.

The door knocks again. Hawke props up in his bed, slightly paranoid as to who would be knocking at this time.

He then jumps to his feet, In the pitch black, Hawke blindly reaches out into the darkness. Then slowly begins to traverse through the piles of litter, knocking over his ashtray which had a build-up from weeks of smoking.

The door knocks again. Hawke was still blind making his way over to his door. He was getting rather annoyed by the constant banging. In the dead of night, Hawke shouts...)

“ Who the fuck is it! hold your fucking horses!”

(Hawke reaches his apartment door and angrily rips it open. He is shocked at the site, as nobody seems to be there. He pops his head out into the corridor, looking around from left to right, but still, he saw nobody. He doesn’t even hear the music that usually drives him insane; with the same old 90s dance tracks on repeat. Feeling very confused he slams the door shut, and slowly makes his way back to his bed.

The door knocks again.

Frustrated with the windup, he begins to think that some kids were playing some sort of game, he quickly darts back to his door, knocking over the pizza boxes that had been stacked up on his dresser. After rummaging around to find the handle,  Hawke yanks the door open, eager to catch the prankster. But just as he steps out, the floor disappears, just before his feet had the chance to meet the cold concrete. The building around him crumbles. Wood, brick, concrete and even glass, not forgetting the piles of takeaway boxes, begin to join Hawke, as he began to plummet into an abyss of darkness. Hawkes screams descend deep into the pit. reality as he once knew it was no more, as he begins to fall for eternity. After what felt like a lifetime of falling, accompanied with the pizza boxes and takeaway tubs, He then halts to a stop.

Now, in the instant of him reopening his eyes, he seems to be strapped into an old worn-out leather armchair. In a state of panic, he looks around, noticing he is Bound to it with chains; cold steel links bolstering him in. Hawke was now imprisoned in what looked to be an ancient stone dungeon.

The dungeon was damp, he could taste it in the air.  Mould and moss were creeping through the cracks of each brick. Torches on the wall were giving off an orange glow illuminating the room. Hawke could just make out that there were bloodstains on the floor, and some ominous smeared handprints on the walls, creating a trail, it was forming a sinister line towards the entrance. The blood trail looked as if something may have been dragged through.

Just in front of him was a solid oak door. The door was Looking like something from medieval times. On the door was a hatch. the hatch also had a barred-up window. Hawke notices eyes peeking through at him as if it was some sick twisted dungeon master.  Hawke shouts out in a rage, his voice echoes around the room.)

“What the fuck is this?! I see you. Who are you?”

(His voice was reverberating his worry around the room, as the eyes through the slats in the bars are matched with a voice, the voice whispers back to him.)

“Why Detective Hawke, you know who I am. Let’s go on a little journey.”

(The shutter on the door slams shut as the room delves into complete darkness. Hawke could not even see his hands that were strapped to the chair, for there was not even a crack of light. Hawke struggles around for a moment trying to release himself from the grips of the cold steel chains, but it was no good, the chains bound him to the chair. After what felt like five minutes of struggling, He stops. There was no point, the chains were too strong. Hawke bows his head and accepts his fate. Then a slight glow emerges. Hawke was no longer in darkness.