Chapter 6- One Way Ticket.

"Right, Veronica, there’s been some findings, and it doesn’t look good for your girls. We’ve found 13 different girls’ DNA samples all over a crime scene.

Have you noticed anything weird happening out of the ordinary?”

(Madame V chuckles, stands up, wraps her bear skin coat around her naked body and walks over to her mini bar, pours herself a drink of fine brandy into a crystal glass; then starts to prowl like a lioness circling her pray.)

“Hawke, if you didn’t know sex involves a lot of ‘DNA’ spillages. I’m sure there is much of my girl’s DNA in every politician’s office within a 50-mile radius. What makes you think this crime scene is special? God, I’d even bet there are at least 5 different girls’ DNA samples in your captain’s office alone.”

(Hawk responds with wit.)

“Because I’m not talking vaginal juices, I’m talking teeth and flesh, never mind the fingertips we used to find out who they were.

Sure, you can shrug it off and act all clever like you already know the answer, but I had a knock at the door this morning, and guess who it was? One of your very own street workers, said some guy has been picking up your girls for weeks, he starts all nice bringing them food whilst they work the corners.

So yeah, have you noticed anything unusual?”

(Madame V downs her drink and dashes her glass at the crushed velvet studded wall. In a rage, she vigorously smashes her intercom bell button, which was wired into the minibar. Her schizophrenic temper switches in the instant of hearing the fate of her girls she then shouts at the top of her lungs.)

“GET IN HERE NOW!!”

(The door swings open from behind Madame Veronica’s throne. A short, skinny, gimpy man rushes in. The poor excuse of a man that  walked in was Jasper, cowering down as if he was  Madame Veronica's very own pleasure gimp.)

Jasper Gortwinkle; what a weird little man. Not only does he run all the books for V, but he’s also her very own correspondent, well that’s when he’s not sucking on her fanny lips on demand like some weird sex slave.

He went to the highest-rated college in the county but ended up here after he was brutally attacked by one of the well-established crime bosses; for indecent sexual acts on one of their daughters. Trust me, you wouldn’t leave him in charge of anything and definitely not around your kids.

“WHAT AREN’T YOU TELLING ME JASPER?”

(Jasper responds timidly whilst cowering down like a dog. He knew exactly what he’d done,  the guilt was written all over his face.)

“Emm… I’m sorry, Madame, you’ve just been so busy. I didn’t want to bother you….”

(Madame Veronica raises her arm as Jasper flinched, he knew what would be coming next. She then starts to slap Jasper over and over, each slap leaving a welt mark from the thick gold rings incrusting her dainty hands, she then began to shout. )

“You didn’t want to bother me?…”

“My fucking girls?...”

“You think this is not important?...”

(Jasper was cowering at Madame Veronica’s feet. kissing them, pleading for her to stop. But V doesn’t stop, she  continues to bombard jasper.)

“I want you to tell me every girl that’s not returned for their weekly medicals.

Then, after you’ve done that, I want you to clean the ‘dungeon’ floor with your tongue,

I want it shining like the day it was laid; no one fucks with my beautiful girls.”

(Hawke interrupts the altercation, after an idea springs to mind.)

“Veronica, I’ve got a plan. We’ll see if we can lure him in; we just need some bait.”

(Madame V stops her persistent onslaught of trying to cave Jasper’s head in. She turns to Hawke with her hand on her hip.)

“Not my fucking girls, Hawke.”

(Madame V says as she gives one final blow to Jasper’s head, Jasper then begins to scurry off on his hands and knees, moaning and crying like a child that had met the stiff hand of their mother, he disappeared into the room behind the throne to find the paperwork.
Hawke felt like this was some sort of circus routine he was a bit spaced out by the whole situation, but he confidently replies with a cunning plan.)

“No listen, we’ll be close, he won’t have a chance to get away. I’ll have eyes and ears everywhere, and we’ll even place a tracker on the bait.”

“But who are we gonna use..?”

(The door from behind the throne swings open. In walks Jasper holding piles of papers and log books. Both Madame V and Hawke look at each other, then back to Jasper, as he struggles to stand as his puny feminine arms give up. Veronica smiles, then turns to Hawke and chuckles out a reply.)

“Hmm… I know, just the guy.”

(Hawke and Madame V,  exchange numbers)

“Call me at Sundown. I’ve got to get back to work,”

(Hawke leaves the brothel to head back to his apartment, to meet up with Sinclair and Grace. A bit weirded out by the strange scenes he witnessed, he religiously draws for a cigarette for the journey home;  he places a cigarette between his lips and lights it.)

“Ahhh… What a fucking circus.”

(He says as he exhales a toke of his smoke. He steps into his car and heads back home.)

(Hours pass, Hawke is with Sinclair and Grace at the precinct, readying up a plan to catch the man that has been abducting Madame Veronica’s workers.)

“Right, we will place the tracker on Jasper. We’ll make him look like a bum and place him in the back alley by Joy’s diner.”

“We’ll have officers on every side of the alley.”

“Books, I want you to occupy V, we don’t want her flying off the handle. We all know how that will end”

“Grace, you stay at the precinct. The last thing we want is for him to get sight of you.”

“I’ll be standing by, ready to pounce on this son of a bitch; as soon as I get a chance, I’ll make a move. I’ll take him down if I have to.”

(Eight hits the clock in the precinct. It was sundown, like clockwork, in walks Veronica and her entourage. she was still wearing her skinned polar bear but this time she was dressed in a red mini dress with six-inch stilettos, a gold pendant chain hanging from her neck and some oversized gold hoop earrings. Perfect attire for the rain-sodden streets of Brightburn city. She was surrounded by big tall men Dressed in black; looking like some sort of secret service. Two of the men guarded the entrance, and the remaining followed Veronica over to where Hawke was sitting.)

“So then Hawke, let’s do this. I’ve got my men waiting in the van. I got your message on Jasper, he’s all ready. There won’t be a problem with him.”

(Hawke stands up and addresses Veronica.)

“OK, V, I’ve got officers on standby, let’s move In on the location, and prep up.”

(Hawke draws for a cigarette and starts to move out with Books, V and her entourage following him.)

(The time is 10:30, and everyone is in position and standing by.

Hawke is in the surveillance van with the officers briefing them on the plan.)

“Right Jasper is in position, keep eyes on the alley. I’ve got officers on the roof overlooking the target.”

(The team confirmed with confidence.)

“Roger that”

(Hawke steps out of the van and slams the door shut. Just down the street, to the back side of the van was Madame V and her entourage, Fussing about, in her usual fashion.

Hawke walks over to the alley and sees Jasper in position. He looks up and sees the armed officers overlooking the alley, the officers on the roof were armed with 50 calibre rifles so Hawke knew that anything entering would not get far if they made a run for it. Hawke turned around. Just sitting there on the opposite side of the road, was a homeless guy and his dog. The dog looked familiar. It was the exact dog that kept popping up around town.

Hawke makes his way over to the guy.)

“Hey! You’re gonna want to move from here, it’s not safe for you.”

(The homeless man chuckles.)

“Well, I guess I’m just in time.”

“Arrrrhhhhhh”

A yell comes from the alley. Hawke turns back towards it and makes his way over, through the light smog he sees that Jasper is gone.

He turns back towards the homeless man and he is also gone.

Hawke rushes back to the van and rips open the door.

“What the fuck? Did you catch anything?”

(The surveillance team answered.)

“No, but the tracker seems to be making a move downtown quite quickly.”

(Hawke jumps into the van and yells at the driver.)

“Put your fuckin foot down and get after that son of a bitch.”

(After about 10 minutes of chasing Jasper’s signal, running every red light in the district, Hawke and the crew end up outside a sewage treatment facility.)

“I guess that’s how he got through the city so quickly. Call for backup, I’m going in.”

(Hawke eagerly jumps out of the van and draws out his pistol. He approaches the door to the facility. The steel door had been pried open and the chain had been cut. Hawke moves in before backup arrives, like a rampant predator hunting for its prey.)

“I’m coming for you, you son of a bitch.”

(Hawke moves through the facility, it looks very familiar to the factory In his dream. Pipes leading away and the constant sound of mechanisms working in their contraptions.)

“Help!!”

(Hawke hears the screams of Jasper over the sound of the machines. He perks up and makes his way through the dark; the way only lit by the flickering strobe lights in the factory. Hawke was homed in on the cries for help. As he gets closer the screams get louder, so Hawke Knew he was on the right path.

He approaches the area where the moans and whimpering of Jasper were.

A pendulum light dangling over a table to which Jasper had been stripped down and chained to. Hawke pauses and takes cover, readying up his gun, waiting for the abductor to show his face.

The sound of blades sharpening echoes through the factory covered up only slightly from the desperate cries out for help. Hawke waits patiently ready to pounce. Then out of the darkness, the abductor walks over to the table where Jasper was chained. Jasper was getting really overwhelmed as he desperately screams out for help.

Hawke was ready, not a bead of sweat came down his face. The man raises his blade ready to slice Jasper open, then Hawke jumps out of the shadows.)

“FREEZE!!!”

(The man stops and turns around. then the whole factory shakes as a fireball slams through the roof, what ever passed through engulfed the abductor till he was completely out of sight of Hawke, the burning blaze completely smothering both jasper and the abductor. Then through the smoke, Hawke sees a figure standing there.)

“FREEZE u son of a bitch.”

(Hawke shouts at the top of his lungs, but there is no response, just a slight chuckle as the figure rolls the head of the abductor towards Hawke.)

“Haha… I’m not your enemy, detective Leslie Hawke”

(Hawke reacts by opening fire on the figure, but the figure stood there unfazed just absorbing the bullets, the figure, then slowly starts to approach Hawke.

“What the fuck are you, how do you know my name”

(Hawke runs out of ammo. The figure is now clear, he is now standing toe to toe with Hawke.

The thing stood towering over Hawke looking to be about 7 feet tall. Deep blood-red torn skin, that same Trident symbol scorched onto its chest, gauntlets chained around its forearms and a hooded cloak torn and smouldering.)

“I am the Trident, the flood, the avenger from hell, I have come to wash away the sins from all that rebel.”

(The Trident starts to open some sort of portal behind Hawke.)

“What the fuck?”

(Hawke raises his gun and smashes the Trident in the jaw, but the Trident remains unmoved.)

(It then grabs Hawke as if he was merely a paperweight, then throws him effortlessly into the portal. Hawke now seems to be plummeting into the void, reality as he once knew it was no more.)