Chapter 10- end of the road

Some people want it all, money, respect, and power. Some people just want to get by without feeling the pain of hunger. I never really followed the hype, I just used to get by on cheap whiskey and cigarettes, going day by day solving crimes as a homicide Detective. Another death meant there was another crime to be solved. These past few days though have been turmoil, my body is tired, maybe it’s time I stop.

(The sound of chains clanking echoes throughout the darkness.

A tormented howl rings like tinnitus, deafening the joy in your soul, till your face down, bonded to the floor by the steel links that hold your destiny, naked as the day you were born.

Hawke lay still, motionless, his eyes pried open. Lacerations cover his face, he is belly down once again, only this time it seems he’s a prisoner, in the darkest spot in hell.

Only the worst of souls roam down these depths. The kind of depths evil tyrants and the sickest of killers lurk.

Hawke manages to get up to his knees, he shouts out.)

“Release me, what you’re doing is wrong!”

(Hawke falls back onto his chest, he lay there still, exhausted, the residue of his wounds sticking to the black stone floor.  A deep voice echoes in the shadows.)

“What makes you think you can stop us? It’s only right that your city falls.”

(The Trident steps out of the shadows, his aura illuminating the dungeon, as he approaches Hawkes cell.

Hawke peels himself off the floor, the chains restricting him as he gets back up to his knees and props himself up against the bars.)

“Let me speak to Luiz, I’m done speaking to you, you are warped, the devil has enslaved your mind, let me speak to the man beneath the vale. “

(The Trident reveals his true form, Luiz stood there, his beard was overgrown, his hair long and greasy, his clothes tattered, Luiz’s attire was familiar to Hawke.)

“So, it’s you.”

(Hawke says.)

“You’re the homeless man that’s been following me about the city. Tell me how it’s possible.”

(Luiz replies with no expression on his face, emotions absent, as he stares into  Hawkes soul.)

“I am neither dead nor alive, I walk between realms, and my anger grants me eternity.”

“I have been scorched by the Trident and possess all the dark forces that roam in this realm.”

“I made a bargain, once I am done, I will be free, and then I will see my family again.”

(Hawke reaches through the bars,  gripping Luiz’s jacket, He then responds with desperation.)

“It’s all lies...”

“The devil will not grant you passage...” “He’s just using you to do his dirty work.”