Chapter 3:

Mari slowly woke tiredly, she had stayed up past three A.M. the night before. She sat up, and heard an unfamiliar patterning on the roof, looking outside her window, she saw it was a light light grey. Rain.. She thought, standing up and stretching. 

Mari saw it was already noon, since Sunny hadn't woken her up, she assumed that everyone was staying at their homes. Mari stood up, changing into a simple t-shirt and jeans, she went downstairs. "Oh, there you are, Mari!" Her father greeted.

"Haha, yeah.. I couldn't sleep last night." Mari shyly said, rubbing more sleep from her eyes, getting a granola bar for breakfast. She sits next to Sunny on the couch, watching the weather news showing on their TV. It showed that almost all week it'd be sunny, a few cloudy days here and there, but mostly sunny.

As the day goes on, Mari and Sunny don't do much, until their parents say that they're going out to eat at a restaurant for dinner. As they got there, their parents brought up the recital.

"Are you guys excited for the recital in a few months?" Their mom asks, smiling.

"Yeah, I'm excited for it!" Sunny says, smiling. "It's gonna be awesome, right, Mari?" He continued. 

"Yeah.. I can't wait." Mari says, smiling. She wasn't excited about it, she lied. But she didn't want to ruin this for Sunny.

"Mari, you're an amazing big sister!" Sunny says, hugging Mari. Mari smiled and hugged him back, that guilt of lying slowly filling her.

After dinner, Mari went to Hero and Kel's place for a sleepover, Sunny went to Basil's with Kel and Aubrey. 

"So how was dinner?" Hero asks her, sitting crossed legged on his bed, Mari sitting opposite of him.

"It was.. alright, I guess." Mari said quietly. Hero quickly noticed she was upset, and so he asked about it.

"What's up, Mari?" He asked, with a big worry showing in his voice.

"Ah, it's just the recital..!" Mari replied to him, waving her hands back and forth.

"Well, would you like to talk about it?" He asks, she smiles softly before nodding.

"If you don't mind, I would." She answers his question, he shakes his head smiling.

"I wouldn't offer it if I did mind! Lay it on me." Hero smiles at her.

"Okay, okay! But look away, wouldn't want to see my handsome princes' worried face!" Mari teases him slightly. His face flushes red as he turns around, facing his wall covered with pictures of various things.

Mari stands up, sitting on the ground and putting her back on the bed, bringing her legs up to her chest. "Well, I'm not excited for the recital.. At all. I don't even want to play piano anymore! I do it for Sunny, I'd feel bad if I didn't, you know?" Mari says, slowly, smiling at it.

"Yeah, I understand, I'd do anything for Kel, he's my baby brother, just like Sunny's yours." Hero says to her.

"Yeah! It's like the only thing I can share with him! He loves it.. He loves me.. Do you think he loves me more than the violin, or is he lying, just like me?" Mari asks, Hero takes a moment to reply.

"He definitely loves you more, you're amazing and everyone just adores you! I'm a lucky fella to be able to date the most beautiful angel!" Hero says, tackling her into a giant hug, making her laugh.

"Hero!!" Mari says, giggling and holding his arms. After a while of playing games like Mario Kart, Minecraft, and lots of card games, before calling it a night and heading to bed. 

In the morning, Mari woke up to Kel rushing upstairs and jumping on Hero's bed, where they had fallen asleep the night before. "Ah, good morning, Kel!" Mari says, sitting up and moving a few strands of hair out of her face. Kel jumps, not noticing her beforehand.