Chapter 5:

| This is where the spoilers start: I highly recommend you have completed the game past this part.|

TW: Death!

It was the day before the recital. Mari had somehow put off telling Sunny, or anyone, besides Hero. Mari sighed, laying on her bed, looking out the window. It was a cool fall day, and she was inside, the group was over, running around doing various activities.

Suddenly Mari heard a knock on her bedroom door, she sat up, smoothing her hair down. "Come in!" Mari called out, the door slowly opened and in came Aubrey, she was holding a piece of paper in her hands.

"Mari!" Aubrey said, smiling at her. "I made a drawing for you!" Aubrey tells her, handing her the paper upside-down. Mari flipped it over and revealed a stick drawing of Aubrey and her holding hands, loosely colored in. Mari smiled sweetly at her.

"Thanks, I love it! I'll treasure it forever!" Mari tells her, hugging her tightly. "Actually I have something for you too." Maro said, walking to her dresser. She pulled out a blue ribbon, handing it to Aubrey.

"Woah! It's so pretty!" Aubrey compliments. Mari giggles and shows her how to tie it.

"And that's how you tie it, see?" Mari questions, Aubrey nods and ties it around her head, into a long ponytail.

"Like this?" Aubrey asks her, finishing off the tie. Mari laughs.

"Almost, try looking in the mirror." Mari replies, she goes to the mirror and reties it correctly.

"There! Now I have two bows!" Aubrey shouts, putting her hands on her hips and smiling, showing her teeth. Dragging Mari out of her room and into the living room, she shows everyone her sapphire ribbon.

"And I have more tattoos than you!" Kel brags.

"Kel, yours are made out of marker. And from Basil and  Sunny's doodles." Aubrey tells him, he huffs. 

"I still have more!" Is all he replies with.

"Wow, it's so pretty, Aubs!" Sunny compliments. "Though it looks a little silly since two bows are too many.." Sunny whispers the last part.

"It's beautiful! I bet it'd look even better with pink hair, it'd contrast it!" Basil tells her, she smiles and her eyes light up.

"Yeah! I'm gonna dye my hair pink one day!" Aubrey shouts, putting a fist in the air.

"You look like a younger version of Mari." Hero said, chuckling. Aubrey smiles and laughs.

"Oh, that reminds me, their recital is tomorrow!" Aubrey shouts, hugging Sunny and shaking him side to side. "I bet Sunny's soo excited!" Aubrey shouts, letting him go.

"Yeah, I bet he is!" Basil joins in, this time he hugs Sunny and shakes him side to side.

"I BET HE'S NOT GONNA SLEEP ALL NIGHT!" Kel yells, taking both his hands and twirling him in circles, when Kel lets him go his face is red from not being able to breathe and panting heavily. "Oops! Sorry, Sunny!" Kel apologizes.

"Hey, wanna head to my house? We have more space to play." Hero says, they all agree. Before leaving Mari grabs her light purple headband.

At Hero and Kel's place, they all played tag and hide and seek for a couple hours before settling down outside to play in the yard as Hero made lunch and Mari baked cookies with him.

"Guys, we should totally play princess' and princes!" Aubrey suggested.

"YEAH! I'LL BE THE NUMBER ONE PRINCESS!" Kel shouts, Aubrey gasps and her eyes light up.