10

Kara's POV

When I woke up, I felt someone hugging me. Then when I opened my eyes, I also saw who I was being hugged by and where I was. I was tightly embraced by Lena and my head was on Lena's chest. I was blushing, but I liked this closeness. What had happened? Had I sought her closeness while we slept?

I slowly moved away from her, unfortunately waking her up in the process. Lena opened her eyes and immediately looked for mine. When our eyes met, she smiled. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?", she asked me. "Good morning Lena. Yes, very well," I said honestly. "Good. During the night you had a nightmare and that's why you woke up in my arms. I pulled you to me so that you knew you were not alone. I'm sorry," she answered my questioning look.

As she said this, I felt a tingling in my stomach. Lena cared about me and she didn't mind just holding me during the night. My cheeks turned slightly red and I thanked her. We looked intensely into each other's eyes again. Her beautiful emerald green eyes never left mine. My gaze slid to her beautiful lips and I saw her eyes do the same. I felt myself getting warmer and warmer and slowly leaned forward. Lena's gaze did not leave my lips. Did she want this as much as I did?

But it did not come so far, because my cell phone tore us from this spell. Hesitantly I took my cell phone and saw that Nia had written to me.

Nia: Good morning Kara. Come to Catco as soon as possible. Andrea is asking for you and I've run out of excuses. Help!

Laughing, I showed Lena the message. "My new boss wants to see me." "I see. Does your new boss also get hugs like your previous boss? Is that why she wants to see you so badly again?", Lena asked with a raised eyebrow. "Nopee, those hugs were and are only for you. Andrea just wants her nominated reporter back," I countered with a wink. RAO! Did I just flirt with Lena here? "Okay okay," she said laughing.

I grinned widely and gave her such a hug. I felt her lips lightly touching my neck and immediately got goose bumps, but tried not to let them show. "I need to go to Catco and then I'll go to the tower so Alex can test me. But take your time, you are always welcome here. There is also food in the fridge again. So eat breakfast okay?" Lena nodded and thanked me. I gave her one last smile before changing in super speed, grabbing a donut, and heading out of the house.

Arriving at Catco, I greeted a few who saw me and immediately went to Andrea. Nia had written me a few articles so I wouldn't arrive empty-handed. She is a sweetheart! When I dropped off the articles, I apologized for my absence and explained that I had some family issues. She looked at me skeptically and said Nia had told her. She said, however, that it should not happen again that I disappear from the face of the earth without telling her. If only she knew that I had literally disappeared from the earth and therefore could not tell her.

When I was finally in the tower, Alex scanned me. "Alex?". I wanted to tell my sister that I was in love. She looked at me questioningly. "Lena and I have made up. We worked everything out between us and I finally have my best friend back." Alex hugged me. "I'm really happy about that, Kara. Your stats are good again too, so you can get back to living your life normally." I looked at the screen where my results were and smiled. "And Alex... I have a confession to make. I have fallen in love. I think I've loved her since the first time I saw her. But I didn't realize it until I was in the Phantom Zone...". Alex looked at me dumbfounded. "Her?". "Yes... I fell in love with Lena." Alex grabbed his hair. "Woah, I knew you guys had a strong connection and you cared about her. I just didn't know you loved her."

I looked at her suspiciously. "Is it a problem that I'm in love with Lena Luthor?" I really would have expected anyone but Alex to not understand and accept me.

"No, it's not that. I'm happy for you that you found someone you truly love, but you need to know something first. When you were away some things changed and Lena-" Alex was interrupted by an explosion. "I think it's time for Supergirl again," Alex sighed. I smiled, quickly changed into my Supergirl outfit, and flew into the air. I wonder what Alex knew about Lena that I didn't.

Heyy, here's the 10th chapter!
What is Lena hiding?

(Write your theories, it would be funny to see who could guess it right without reading further haha)

Your Scorpiongirl