15

Lena's POV

I'm still kind of in shock. Kara Danvers kissed me! That kiss... it was so beautiful and gentle but at the same time, there was so much pain in it! In that kiss, I felt how hurt Kara is. God, I am so angry at myself that she has to suffer so much again because of me! At least now I know the reason why Kara was drinking. Kara overheard my conversation with Jack, but she didn't hear everything... she thinks we are still together...

I'll have to fill her in tomorrow!

But I'm pretty sure now. Kara Danvers has feelings for me! I don't know how it's possible, but my best friend feels the same way I do! She wasn't talking about Mon-el earlier when she said the person she loves above all else loves someone else, she was talking about me. Omg, she LOVES me?! And all the nice things she said to me. God Kara is so sweet I don't know anyone who is like her. She is just amazing.

I tucked Kara in and laid down next to her. She was sleeping so soundly. I smiled and brushed a strand of hair from her face. "I'm here for you Kara and if you have another nightmare, I'll help you get through it."

The next day I was awakened by a ringtone. When I answered it, I was surprised.

Lena: hello?

Jack: heyy... can we talk?

Lena: what do you want Jack?

Jack: I overreacted a little bit yesterday... and I wanted to apologize. Can we meet at your place? I have a few things to discuss with you and I want to pick up my stuff.

I wanted to talk to Kara about everything, but she was still asleep. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give Jack his stuff back and leave everything between us on good terms.

Lena: okay Jack. I'll be there in 20min. See you soon.

I hung up and looked at Kara. She looked like an angel. I got up and went to her side. I didn't want to wake her up, but I couldn't leave without saying goodbye. So I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead and whispered: "I'll be back as soon as I can."

I went to the kitchen and wrote her a little note.

Hey Kara,

I hope you feel better and that you don't have a hangover. Please have some breakfast and don't drink anymore. I can explain everything to you. I promise! I'll be back as soon as I can and then we'll talk. There are things we need to sort out...

Lena <3

I put it against the vase so Kara would see it as soon as she entered the kitchen. I grabbed my bag and headed to my apartment. I wanted to get this over with Jack as soon as possible to get back to Kara.

Here's the 15th chapter...

Sorry, it's pretty short

I'll have a bigger one tomorrow. Promise! :)

And thank you for the reads and the votes🤍

Your Scorpiongirl <3