Chapter 1

Note:

This story is based on my imagination only. None of this is true. And I do hope that you'll understand me for any mistakes in grammar in this story since English is not my first language. I am just a fan who wants to write a story using Zee and Nunew as the characters. Enjoy reading!!!

Sir that's the last meeting on your schedule for today, my secretary informed me. I sighed. I have a very tight schedule these days because of the nonstop meetings I have to attend for the new product that my company will be releasing. It's a good thing I have a very efficient secretary, or else I would have a tough time. I smiled at her and gave my thanks before dismissing her and giving my permission to leave work early because I knew she was also tired. I am planning to go home early today to finally have my rest after a whole week of having a hectic schedule.

I was fixing my things and preparing to go home when my phone rang. When I looked at who was calling, it was Dad.

Hello, Dad.

My son, how have you been?

I'm well, dad. How about you and mom?

We're fine, son.

That's good to know.

May I ask why you called?

Son, I'll get straight to the point. Our company needs you.

Huh? But dad, wasn't Max going to handle our business?

You see, Max isn't interested in our company. He wants to have a bar. Even now, he is working on building his own pub.

How about James?

James is worse. He's not interested in business; he's pursuing his dream in the entertainment industry. I chuckled listening to his words. He sounded like a kid complaining and sulking.

I really need to pass this on to you as soon as possible. I am already old. I want to enjoy my life with your mom. We are actually planning to go on a vacation.

I massaged my temples, unable to speak. I already have my company here and I don't want to go back to that place anymore.

Zee Son, you are the only one among the three of you whose interests are very similar to what our company has to offer. If you want, you can merge your company and mine.

I sighed. I understand dad's desire for one of his children to carry on what he has worked so hard for, and I share that desire, but that place is a nightmare for me.

Dad, I'll think about it. Is it OK with you?

Yes, son, at least you are considering it.

OK dad, I'll call you again to tell you my decision.

Yes, son, be careful there and we miss you.

I missed all of you too.

The call ended.

My family has no idea why I left. Actually, all they know is that I wanted to be independent and continue my studies here in the states. I did not tell them, I didn't want them to be worried.

I go back home to think about how to deal with the situation I am in now. Now my head hurts more because of this. I don't want to hurt dad. Knowing that none of my siblings want our company, he will surely be sad about it. He has worked so hard to build that company, and not wanting it might make him think that we are disregarding his hard work.

Four years had already passed when I thought of why I didn't want to go back to that place. I still remember the pain I felt that day. My memories of that place are a mixture of happy, sad, and painful. The bitter taste of my past is still with me, so I don't really know if I can handle it.

I'll just sleep now. I'll think about it tomorrow. I still have a lot of time to decide.

A week later

I got so occupied with work that I almost forgot what my dad and I had talked about last week. I leaned back in the swivel chair, contemplating the pros and cons of accepting dad's company.

If I accept it, it will be a big help to my company since it's a technology company and mine is an electronic company. It'll benefit my company big time. But the biggest thing I need to consider is my emotions. Are they stable enough to be ready to be in that place again, and if I meet him again, will I be able to take it? These thoughts had been running in my mind for a couple of days before I finally decided. Well, I hope that I will not meet him there. There is a big possibility that he is still there. Or maybe he has already left that place to be happy with that person. I laughed at myself. How pathetic could I be? It's been years and yet I still can't move on. His influence on me is so strong that I believe the pain he inflicted on me is still with me. It's not shocking though, because he's the person whom I loved the most, and he deceived me by making me believe that he also felt the same. I was betrayed. I was destroyed. The damage he left was so massive that I struggled a lot to stabilize myself again. Maybe now is the time to finally get over everything from the past.

Dad

Yes, son? Have you already decided?

Yes, I'll go back. I'll handle the company.

Thank you, son. Finally, I can relax.

But I need 3 months to settle everything here in my company before I go back home.

Sure, no worries.

Who's that, honey?

It's our son Zee. When Zee heard his mom's voice, he immediately smiled. He missed her so much.

He said he'd be back in 3 months.

Oh my, really? Her mom sounds so happy.

Let me talk to him.

Son

Hello mom I missed you so much.

I missed you too, son. I am so happy to hear that you finally decided to go back home. I miss hugging you. Hearing his mom's voice reassured him.

Me too, mom; don't worry, you can hug me all you want when I go there; I just need to settle things here before I go back there; please prepare all my favorite foods, okay?

Yes son, that's definitely what I'll do.

See you, mom and dad, in three months.

I sighed deeply after hanging up the phone, realizing what I had just done. I'll be back in three months, back to the place where my heart first broke.