Chapter 4

Why the hell is this happening to me? I just got to work and the first thing I will encounter is meeting the person I wish I wouldn't see.

Sir this way please, I heard my secretary say. My mind is in turmoil right now. I don't know what to do. I am totally rooted in my place. Their footsteps matched my heartbeats.

As soon as I saw his face, the face of the person I cherished and loved the most, who also wrecked me into tiny pieces and trashed me like I was nothing to him, it made my heart stop beating. He looked more handsome than before, but his features were more defined now, and he had grown a bit taller and looked mature. Even after all these years, his face always mesmerized me. I noticed what I was doing, and I made it stop before he noticed that I was actually staring at him.

When his eyes land on mine, he doesn't have any reaction, and it bothers me that he doesn't look surprised to see me at all. I can't see any reaction from him. It was like he already expected to see me, or maybe he just didn't really care that it was me he was seeing. Those thoughts left a pang in my chest.

I immediately composed myself. I should not let him see that he still has an effect on me. I would look more pathetic than I actually am.

As soon as he reached the receiving area here inside my office, I rose from my seat to greet him, not showing any emotion on my face. His face is also blank 

I am the new CEO of this company. "Nice meeting you," I said while reaching out my hand to shake hands with Mr. Chawarin.

He also reaches out his hands to shake mine. It's nice to meet you too. I'm looking forward to working with you.

Please take a seat.

He really is mature now and is very serious when it comes to work, as we discuss all the plans for work after becoming business partners. I never thought he would be like this before, but I am glad to see him this way. He really grew up. I can still remember how he hated office work whenever his father mentioned him handling their business since he really wanted to pursue his career in singing. This made me curious. Had he already given up his dream of becoming a professional singer? Nah, I shouldn't be thinking about that right now.

I guess that is all that we can discuss right now. I do hope that we will have harmonious work, Mr. Panich. I agreed with him, and I thought that was the end of it. I was expecting him to stand up and leave immediately after that, but what he did next surprised the hell out of me.

How are you doing?

And here I thought he was all so serious about business. What's with the sudden change of personality?

I would like to remind you, Mr. Chawarin, that we are still at work.

Our work is already finished. I had already ended our brief meeting with you, he cut me off.

Still, I don't think that we have a close relationship where you can ask me how I've been. And earlier, you didn't look surprised to meet me here. Why is that?

He went silent after hearing my question and started to look suspicious.

Wait, don't tell me? Did you plan this? Were you already expecting to see me here?

His reactions were so obvious, so he really knew about me being his business partner now. Why would he do that?

So I guess what I've been thinking is true, huh? So why Chawarin? kindly explain it to me.

I knew from the start that you and I would be working together. I made that possible. His words annoyed me.

So you are the one responsible for all of this? I asked while still suppressing my feelings inside

Yeah, because it seems like you don't have any thoughts of going back here, so I planned this. His answer made me laugh humourlessly.

It seems like you just can't sit back knowing I am happy and at peace with my life, huh? He averted my eyes. That's so messed up, Chawarin. You know exactly why I left for the States; you were the reason for it, and now you're planning something to bring me back? Arent, you are done playing with me. Why are you messing with my life? 

Playing?! Who told you I was playing with you?

Cut the crap, Chawarin. You cheated on me, you lied about your feelings for me, and you played me well, so stop messing with me. I said this to him while gritting my teeth because of my anger and frustration.

He looked at me in disbelief, then sighed and stood up, as if this wasn't the time for all the explaining. I'll give you some time to relax, and I'll explain everything to you. And for your information, you've misunderstood me big time. I understand it since it's also my fault, I want you to be prepared for Zee's Ill to creep into your heart again and claim you mine. Our story has not ended yet, and I don't intend it to end. His words made me shiver.

I knew then that I should not have returned home, but rather should have stayed in the States. I know his capabilities; once he sets his mind to something, he makes sure he'll achieve it, but not this time, Chawarin. Not this time.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the really late update. I've been quite busy with school, and I didn't have time to write a chapter, but it's finally here. I can't promise to update frequently because of my extremely busy schedule, but I'll do my best.  Enjoy this chapter.