Chapter 3

Son, welcome back!!! I heard my dad shout as I walked my way to them. They are waiting for me here at the airport. They are so stubborn, they insisted. I saw dad, mom, and Max waiting for me. James must've had an appointment. Oh God, I missed them so much. I hugged mom and dad as soon as I reached them. 

I'm so glad you're back, son, mom said, tears streaming down her cheeks. I hugged her tight again. I feel so guilty. I was so selfish for leaving so suddenly that time without thinking about what my mom would feel. I am so sorry for leaving mom and for not visiting during those 4 years, I said as I felt a lump in my throat. It's OK, son, you have your reasons. What's important now is that you are here now. We waited for Mom to calm down first. Then I diverted my attention to Max. He hugged me. Welcome back, bro, I smiled at him.

I cooked all your favorite food, so I know you missed all this

Mom stop lying to yourself, you only helped cook this food, mom glared at Max. Can you stop? Max smiled cheekily at her as mom started playfully hitting Max. I laughed at them I missed these scenes, they are like this every day before because Max likes teasing mom's cooking. Mom can cook but it's not that good so she just helps the cook in cooking.

What's up y'all? The most handsome person in this house has arrived. What did I miss? It looks like James is already here. This man is very confident in his face. He's really handsome, but he likes to brag about it, especially in our house.

Now that I'm back, your position as the most attractive person in the house has been revoked. I smirked at him. He ran up to me and hugged me. You know what, since you left, I haven't seen any person in this house that is as handsome as me, he said it like a child. Hey, what the fuck are you talking about? Max reacted to what James said. James ignored him and continued clinging to me. They haven't changed at all. I am now really at home.

We ate our dinner happily, and we talked about a lot of things that we haven't had a chance to talk about for the last 4 years. After dinner, Dad talked to me about business and all the things I should know about the current situation of our business. Son, our business actually acquired a new company and I am planning to make it a sister company of ours. The owner of that company will become our business partner and you will meet him on the second day of your work since the two of you will be working together for that company. 

I'll keep that in my mind. I'll talk to him about the other things I should know about this partnership.

 I spent my week bonding with my family before I'll officially start handling the company. I missed so many happening in my family's lives throughout the 4 years. I really have to catch up with them.

Son, my mom called me using her "can I have a request" voice. I looked at her and smiled as I knew she'd ask me another request again.

 Son, a week of bond with us is not enough. You know you were gone for 4 years, I know work is important to you but your family is important. She looked at me like she was trying to gain my sympathy with her.

I know you are not gonna agree with this since your work will start - Mom just tell me directly what you want to say, stop beating around the bush. I cut her off since I know she can take forever before saying what she really wants to say.

Fine, can I request a 3 days vacation on the beach before you start working in the company? My mom said like she is not gonna accept a no for an answer.

I sighed just like what I've thought, this has been what we are used to doing before. We must go to the beach every year to relax with the whole family; it's a tradition for us.

You missed 4 years of going to the beach with us.

Mom I haven't said no yet why are you guilt tripping me already? She looked away looking so guilty about what she has done.

So?  my mom asked me with her expecting eyes

Sure mom I can adjust my schedule for that. She jumped and hugged me in happiness

Ok, I'll prepare everything goes and prepare yourself, don't bring any clothes you have those in our resort. My mom hasn't changed at all.  I'll enjoy every bit of this vacation before I drown myself with work.

~

What time will the business partner arrive? I asked my new secretary here. Sir, he'll arrive at 10 sharp.

OK, just send him directly inside. I'll be waiting for him there. and give me my schedule for the whole week.

OK, sir, I'll do that.

The vacation was great, and now I have to start managing this company.

Sir, you have a board meeting next Friday to officially get to know them and the rest are just signing papers. That's all for this week.

OK, guess this week's schedule is not that hectic, huh? He nodded at me before excusing himself to go back to his post. This new secretary I have here is very similar to my secretary at state. They are so professional and serious, that it looks like I will not have a hard time working with him.

I was starting to read business papers in my office when a knock on the door distracted me.

Yes, what is it?

Sir Mr. Chawarin, your business partner, had already arrived, and I froze in my seat; it can't be, of all people, why him?