Chapter 8: Kai vs Kijiro: A duel of Power

1 day went by and the finals were here , Kai was walking when Jack stopped him and put something on his face.

Kai: what you doing?

Jack: you look like you were  hold still.

Jack put some cream on Kai to hide his burn scar

Jack put his hand on Kai's shoulder

Jack: good luck in the finals.

Kai: Thanks

Kai entered the arena and put his duel disk on.

Kai walked out onto the duel field and headed over to the field.

Announcer: ok duel fans , the finals have come,  Can Kai Namagi beat our champion, let's find- wait hold on, what's going on, who's that.

Kijiro walked onto the field with a serious look on her face.

Kai: Kijiro?

Kijiro: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have come to duel Kai Namagi to see if he is truly worthy to face our champion *and for me to snag Simon and Selina.

Announcer: This is unexpected, but it's nice for some pre entertainment,  I haven't been this excited since my duel days.

Announcer 2: you can say that again Joey, now get your game on.

Kijiro: I'll go first , I summon Aluber The Jester of Despia in attack mode, then I add a branded spell or trap from my deck to my hand, then I set 2 cards face down and end my turn.

Kai: I draw, I summon Element Knight Draven the Dark in defense move, when it's summon a card from your hand is discarded but you get to draw a card, I play a card face down and end my turn.

Kijiro: I draw, i activate my ritual spell card, Dogmatikalamity, by sending Ad Libitum of Despia to my graveyard,  I summon my White Knight of Dogmatika in defense mode.

Kai: no, *what deck is that, what's going on, she never had these cards before*

The previous night

Kijiro: why do you need me to Duel Kai.

Darix: I need a powerful energy source to power my machine, and those magicians are the only ones to do just that.

Kijiro: why should I help you?

Kijiro begins to walk away.

Darix: because I know where your mother is.

Kijiro turned around in shock.

Kijiro: what, you know whee my mom is?

Darix: yes, and if you help me, I'll tell you where she is.

Kijiro went through her bag and pulled out a deck.

Kijiro smiled and said.

Kijiro: consider it done.

Kijiro: I end my turn

Kai: it's my draw, I activate Shard of Greed.

Kai: then I sacrifice Draven for Selina and play Bound Wand to boost her attack by 500 points.

Kai: I end my turn for now.

Kijiro: I draw, I end my turn.

The champion arrived and began to watch the duel from the sidelines

???: so he's my opponent,  hmm Lets see how he does, ay old friend.

Agent: sir your opponent is currently dueling.

???: u can see that,  Lets see how he does, I wonder if Uncle Joey is around?

The champ walks off and  a card fall off the top of the deck , it was the Dark Magician.

Kai: I Draw, I play Pot of Duality,  I excate 3 cards and add Element Knight Blaise The Beauty to my hand.

Kai: I end my turn with a face down.

Kijiro: I draw, I activate my face down branded Fusion, to fusion summon Lubellion The Branded Dragon.

Kijiro: I end my turn.

Kai: I draw, I summon Element Beast Gravel Gargoyle,  now I ELEMENT SUMMON ELEMENT BEAST ERUPTION GIANT, I end my turn.

Kijiro: I draw,  I play Branded Bond to resume on my Albaz in my graveyard to re summon him and activate its effect to fuse with Albaz and Lubellion to make MIRTORKADE, THE ICEBLADE DRAGON!!

Kai: 3000 attack points, just like Red Dragon Archfiend.

Kijiro: NOW Mirrorjade activate your effect to allow me to banish your Eruption Giant, now I activate Monster Reborn to bring back My Ad libitum of Despia from my graveyard.

Kai takes 4900 life points and loses the duel.

The audience and the champ are shocked that Kai lost the duel.

Kijiro went over to Kai and went into his deck.

Kai: wait, what are you doing?

Kijiro: claiming my prize.

Kijiro takes Simon and Selina and leaves the arena.

The crowd were booing at him

Audience members: SOME DUELIST, YOUR A FAILURE, YOUR JUST A WEAK KID, YOUR MORE PATHETIC THAN JOEY, HEY NOT COOL!!

Kai picked his deck up and ran off crying.

Announcer: well it seems the challenger of our champion has left the building meaning he remains champ by default.

Kai ran back to the Garage and put his deck down on a nearby desk.

Yusei saw Jack return and went over to him.

Jack: Akiza got away.

Yusei: did you lose?

Jack: no, if I lost, I'd not have this.

Jack held up Red Dragon Archfiend.

Yusei: True, so it ended in a draw.

Jack: unfortunately,  since I was literally about to win.

Then a video from the moniter appeared.

Darix: greetings Jack Atlas and Yusei Fudo, its time we end this, meet us on the top Dominio tower, and bring The Dragon's, and I mean Black Winged too, or else..

Star Strider appeared with Kijiro tied up.

Star Strider: she's done for.

Jack : we have to go now.

Yusei: Sorry Crow, but we have too.

Yusei took Black Winged Dragon from Crow's extra deck and he and Jack raced off.

Kai looked at the screen and heard something

Kijiro: Kai, help...

Kai looked at his deck and picked it up.

Kai then went To Nya's room.

Nya: what is it?

Kai: come on  we have to hurry.

Kai and Nya went to Crow's duel runner and raced off.

Nya: You know how to drive right.

Kai: nope but,  theirs a time for practise.

Kai raced off with Nya to Domino tower.

Will they make it in time, and who will come out on top.

Find out in Chapter 9: Mother vs. Daughter,  The final battle part 1