The Missing Medals

(Lol she's trapped.

<Weekly Slogan>
"If you live an honest like, everyone benefits."

Fossil Slogan:

"May the mind be quicker than the hammer.")

I see a staff member at the edge of the Greenhorn Plains.

"I'm an employee of the Fossil Center. The area past here is extremely rich with rare and incredible fossils. Fossil Battles are strictly prohibited beyond this point, though. We can't risk damaging the fossils, can we? You'll have to hand over your Dino Mwdalsnto me before entering."

"...Okay..." I give him my Dino Medals.

"Thanks for your compliance. You're free to enter. Amazing and rare fossils await you! Let your sonar lead the way, and dig to your heart's content! Mwa ha ha!!!"

He's weird. I walk down to the end of the path and all I see is Fighters pulling up trash. My sonar only detects three things and when the Fighters pull them out... Trash. Trash. And more trash.

I see a girl with rose pink hair.

She's cute.

"I don't think I've seen you before... Are you a rookie? Anyway, good luck!" She says.

I go to ask the staff member to leave and get my Dino Medals, but he's not there.

THAT GUY STOLE MY DINO MEDALS!!!!!!

I look around and see a flash. Spinax and V-Raptor are there on the ground.

"Wait... Wh-where did he go?!?!" The girl yells. She looks at me. "The guy from the Fossil Crnter who was here before-where did he go?!?! I wasn't the only one to hand my Dino Medals over to that guy, was it?! We've all been tricked! There wasn't a single amazing or rare fossil to be found around here... All I got was a bunch of rusty, dirty old garbage... And to make matters worse, he ran off with my medals! Huh?! Wait! You've still got your Dino Medals?! How'd you manage that?! ... Oh I get it. You're a rookie-your vivosaurs are still pretty weak. That's why he just tossed your Dino Medals on the ground."

"Hey! I bet I could beat you in one-"

"But MY vivosaurs were all really strong! I was ready for my Level-Up Battle! That guy said he worked for the Fossil Center... So I guess that's the place to start. Come on! Let's get to the Fossil Center!"

~~~

"I sure hope you have an explanation for this!" The pink haired girl screeches at Wendy.

"Sorry, miss, but I don't understand. Can I help you with something?"

"Help me with something?!" She rages. "How about getting back my Dino Medals that your employee stole from me in Greenhorn Plains!"

"Greenhorn Plains, so say? Let me check the duty roster. I'll just take a moment." Wendy checks on it. "That's odd... We don't actually have anyone scheduled for duty in Greenhorn Plains today..."

"Wh-what?! What do you mean?! Who stole my medals then? This. Is. Bad. This is very bad! We'll have to talk to the police!"

~~~

"I'm sure Captain Bullwort will be able to help us!"

"Is there something wrong?" An officer asks.

"Yes, there's something wrong! I need to talk to Captain Bullwort immediately!"

"Captain Bullwort should be in the captain's office...as usual. I'm sure he can help you with whatever problems you have."

"Thank you very much. I'll talk to him."

"Captain! Captain Bullwort!"

"Aw, what's the matter, young lady? Did someone throw away one of your dolls of something?" The captain asks.

"Hardly! My Dino Medals have been stolen! My Dino Medals! Without them, can I even count as a Fighter? I need the police to investigate immediately! The criminal could be out there stealing medals right now!"

"Well, that IS serious. Do you remember what the suspect looked like?"

She thinks, puzzled. "Uh, yeah, um... He had eyes like a lambeosaurus... And his mouth was exactly like an anatotitan's!"

I snicker. Having an anatotitan's mouth is funny. They look weird.

"Hmm... Finding this criminal might be tougher than I thought..."

"What?! But I had ten Dino Medals!!! Do you know how long it took me to get them?!" She blows up in tears. "I had the perfect team all ready for my Level-Up Battle! I won't stand for this! Oh, sorry! Here I am dragging you all over the island and I haven't even introduced myself! I'm Rosie! Your name's Legend? Nice to meet you! If be really great full of you helped me look for the thief."

"Wait a minute! If you suddenly got a bunch of brand-new vivosaurs, you'd want to try them out, right? I think the criminal is heading someplace where Fossil Battles are fought." Bullwort cheers.

"Someplace like...Fossil Stadium! That's it! Thank you, Captain Bullwort! Okay, let's get to Fossil Stadium!"

~~~

"Let's enter a Fossil Battle. You never know-someone might be using my precious vivosaurs to win battles!" Rosie orders.

(This is the only time in the game that you can openly register to battle someone in the Stadium.)

Tiffany registers me in and I'm fighting someone named P.B. Jay. What a weird name.

He has the same team as me. A V-Raptor and Spinax. His team is only level one. These are ready for a Level-Up Battle?

He's up first. Veloci-Claw on Spinax.

Spinax Fang on the V-Raptor. Really? Only one LP left?

Veloci-Claw on Spinax. Spinax Fang on Spinax.

Toxic Combo on Spinax.

Spinax Fang on V-Raptor.

Another Toxic Combo. He's down and we win.

"Yay! You did it, Legend! I'll take MY vivosaurs back now, thank you very much!" Rosie demands.

"Whoa, whoa. Hold up. I bought these Dino Medals with my own money. Why do you think they're yours?"

"You bought them? Are you sure you didn't steal them from me?"

"Steal them? No, of course not! What's going on here?"

"The vivosaurs you were just battling with are the very ones that were stolen from me in Greenhorn Plains! Who did you buy those Dino Medals from?"

"I bought them from a fellow named Medal-Dealer Joe. Can't miss him-he's got eyes like a lambeosaurus."

"That's the guy! He calls himself Medal-Dealer Joe, huh? Do you know where to find him?"

"I don't know where he is right now, but I first heard about him at the Fossil Guild."

"The Fossil Guild. Got it. We'll check it out. Oh... I know you're a victim here too, and I feel bad, but would you mind giving my Dino Medals back?"

"Of course. I never would have bought them if I thought they were stolen property. And something will have to be done about that con man Medal-Dealer Joe. I'll talk to the police." Jay walks off.

"Okay, Legend. Let's get over to the Fossil Guild."

~~~

"The man straight in the back is the Info Clerk. Let's hear what he has to say." She walks up to him. "Excuse me. Can you tell us where we can find Medal-Dealer Joe?"

"Medal-Dealer Joe, you say? Let's see... I think he said something about doing business in Greenhorn Plains."

"Greenhorn Plains again, huh? YES!!!! I can finally get back the rest of my Dino Medals!"

"Let's go!" I cheer.

We set off for Greenhorn Plains and see Medal-Dealer Joe.