Idolizing a Tacky Idol

Nevada sends me up to fight the BB Bandits.

"You're not getting out of here with that stolen property, BB Bandits!"

"Well, I have to admit that I'm a little impressed. However did you escape from there?" Vivian asks.

"Sorry, Vivian. Trade secret. Tell you what, though. I'll let you in on it if you hand igver the treasure you're trying to steal." Nevada cracks her whip. "No? Can't say I'm too surprised. Oh well. I hope you're ready to take on Nevada Montecarlo, Dino duelist!" Her smile drops on the ground. "Wait!!! WHERE DID MY DINO MEDALS GO?!?!?!"

Rex snickers.

"Heh, Surprised, Red?"

"Nnnng! Sorry, Legend! It's all up to you! You can take her! Show them what you're made of!"

"So you're going to step in and fight me in her place, huh? As you wish but you should know that my vivosaurs are FAR more powerful than Rex's and Snivels's. I hope you're ready for a thrashing, child."

She has a Nychus and a Lambeo.

She is first.

They wait.

Spinax Fang in Nychus.

Nychus Venom on Spinax.

Another Spinax Fang and Nychus is down.

Lambeo Combo on Spinax.

Spinax Fang on Lambeo. Savage Bite on Lambeo and Veloci-Claw takes it out.

"Who's better now, Vivi?" I grin.

"H-how?! How did you do that? I've never lost before!"

"Time to hand over the stolen goods."

"Ugh! Just do it! Give it to them already!" She growls. "You won't be this lucky twice, child! Next time we meet, I'll crush you!"

They run off.

"We did it! We got the Digadigamid treasure back! Legend, you were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in the field. All right, let's take this back to Digadig Village and give the chieftain the good news."

~~~

"Ohhh! This is...definitely the stolen key to the treasure chamber, digadig! Young Fighter boy, you have done a great...service for the Digadigs, and for that I thank you, digadig! Chieftain, we also recovered a Digadigamid treasure that was nearly stolen. I've studied a lot about the Digadig culture, but I've never seen an idol like this."

"You are...mistaken, red-haired Fighter woman. This is not originally a treasure of the Digadigamid. Not long ago, I dug a hole to dump some food scraps and found this, digadig. I put it in the treasure chamber because I thought it was neat and... pretty, digadig."

"I don't get it. There were much more valuable things to steal from that treasure chamber... No offense to your sense of style, Chieftain, but why would the BB Bandits take this tacky idol?"

"Could the value of this treasure just be...hidden from us, digadig? Ah! This idol should be a... suitable reward for returning out key to us, digadig." He gives it to me. It has a staticy feel to it. I don't think it's safe to have around me.

"The Digadig people are very greatful to you Take this idol, so that me might...idolize you, digadig!"

"Grateful, schmateful, diga-dude!"

Rosie!

"Legend got you your precious key back, now take this diga-darn spell off me!"

"Are you sure? I find you much easier to... Understand this way, digadig."

"Just diga-do IT!"

"As you...prefer. I will remove the spell, digadig. He chants diga again.

"Aaaaaaaahh!!!!" Rosie screams.

"The spell had been... removed, digadig.

"Whew! Finally, I can speak like my old self again... DIGADIG." She stops. "Wait, did I just say 'digadig'... digadig? NO, NO, NO! NOT ONLY IS THE SPELL STILL ON ME... NOW IT'S EVEN WORSE! ...DIGADIG!"

"There are sometimes...complications in spell removal, digadig. Just go about your business and it will go away. For now, you will have to...diga-deal with it." He snickers.

"Noooooooooo!!!!!"

"Digadig!!!"

~~~

I walk outside the hotel and Rosie meets me.

"Legend! Weird day yesterday, huh? I seem to be all better today. I haven't said 'diga' once! Anyway, I told Dr. Diggins all about what happened."

"Oh, Legend." Nevada starts. "And...it's Rosie, right? Are you two heading off on another adventure, or are you going to be fighting today's Level-Up Battles?"

"Oh, right, that's today! Fighting definitely! Right, Legend?" She looks at me when I don't answer.

"Hmm. Looks like you'll be at Fossil Stadium, then. Watch out for trapdoors and you'll be fine! See ya." She laughs and walks off.

"What am I doing standing around here? I have to get ready for my Level-Up Battle! Legend, hopefully the next time we see each other, we'll both be at a higher level! Good luck!" She waves and runs off.

I go to my Level Up Battle. I get a 100 on my cleaning test and get ready to fight.

It's Nevada.

"Hey, Legend! Thanks for your help at the Digadigamid. I might have been in trouble if you hadn't shown up. I should warn you, though. Just because I owe you doesn't mean I can take it easy one you! We have to make sure that anyone who passes the test really is Level three caliber, after all. Time to see what level you are, Legend!"

Nevada has a Nychus, U-Raptor, and a Lexo.

(I don't want to write this battle. It takes too long. her team is hard to chip away)

"Legend! Congratulations! I've got to admit, you're the better Fighter! Very impressive! You have a real knack for this, Legend. I think you've got Master Fighter potential! I'll be keeping an eye on you. Good luck! That certifies you as a Level three Fighter, Legend! I've got some more research to do at the Digadigamid. come by and see me sometime. See you around!" Nevada walks off.

"Great job, Legend! I leveled up too! Wow... Now we're both Level three Fighters. We can't stop here, we'll both be Master Fighters before long! If anyone can do it, WE can! Oh, and I wanted to tell you I'm sorry. It was because of me you got sucked into that whole key thing. I'm really sorry, Legend. But you got it! You got the key! I'm really proud of you. I'll see you around, okay? Bye!" She waves and walks to the next dig site.