Vast Cliffs and Cramped Caves

(Yuuusss! My second favorite dig site is open!! One of the shorter dig sites, sadly...)

Rivet Ravine is open.

I place the idol on my stand next to my bed. The hotel manager tells me about a seminar being held over at the Ravine.

I take a boat over there and see the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. Sheer cliffs falling into darkness, but to the top no one has been...

"Okay, listen up, everyone! As soon as you've collected eight, bring them here and we'll do the next part." A voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Hey there! You a Fossil Fighter, here to take my seminar?" I walk over. "Hi, I'm Sam Inaro (really?). I teach seminars to give young Fighters the skills they'll need in their careers. If you wanna attend, I guarantee you an improving your fossil-digging performance. Wanna take part in today's seminar?"

"Yup."

"Great! First, let's see what you know about digging fossils. Bring eight fossil rocks back to me here. Any fossil rocks will do, and you can go outside of Rivet Ravine to collect the. If you want. I'll be right here, so come on back and see me when you've collected your eight."

He didn't say jewel rocks but I don't want them yet, either.

I give the rocks to him to look at.

"Great. You've proven that you can find and dig up fossil rocks. That's a good start. Keep up the good work. Now...my teaching methods are a little... unusual. Don't say I didn't warn you. Get ready for it! Here it comes! The fire hose of knowledge going straight into your brain! ALAKAZOOIEEEE!!!!!!!! Colored fossil rocks are the same as the fossil rocks that you've been digging up all along. Except now with the advanced technique I just taught you, you can distinguish five different colors. Red, green, yellow, blue, and white. That's right, the same colors as the five elements types. So any fossil that you dig up from now on will appear the same color type as the fossil inside. You can use this new ability to help you find only the fossil rocks you're actually looking for. So we're done now. Good luck out there!"

I run around and get more rocks. I find a cave. Hm... Do I hear clanking? I'm gonna go inside.

"Who goes there?! Here to finish the job, you no-good, mine-car-vandalizing hooligan!" A man yells at me.

"Whoa, look. You've got the wrong guy."

"But you're just a kid! Who busted up old McJunker's mine car?!"

"Uh, no. I just got here!"

"The only way into Tunnel Number Five here is by mine car. Tunnel Number Five is my own private dig site... and the only people allowed in there are the ones with my permission... and my mine cars. There are some very rare fossils in there, so I have to be careful who I let in. But to make matters worse...my tools have been stolen! How am I supposed to fix my car without tools? This is where you come in. Would you look for my tools? I have to stay here and guard my other cars. Yes, that should work nicely! I'll upgrade your sonar to detect my tools, and you can find them for me! Here, let me see your sonar unit..."

I give him my sonar.

"Well, all right then." He puts a microchip in it.

"That should do it. Here. Now find my tools. Please. I rigged it so it will detect metal... Iron tools and whatnot will show up as red dots. Now, you need to find two tools, my mega-wrench and multipurpose pliers. If you find them, I'll let you into my private dig site deep in this tunnel. There are some fossils in there that can ONLY be found in there. It should be worth your time. Now hop to it, junior. I need my mega-wrench and multipurpose pliers!"