Chapter Thirteen

"I'm so happy to be home," Terra said on the last Saturday of Christmas break

We were in her room. She lay on her bed with her hair hanging off the side, while I sat in her sea of stuffed animals that took residence on her window seat. It was actually more cozy than I thought it would be when I first considered the spot.

"How was North Carolina?" I asked.

"Fine," Terra shrugged, "It was nice seeing my grandparents, but I'm happy to be home."

"How's your grandma?"

Before she left she had told me that her grandmother had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

"For the most part good," Terra shifted her body so she was laying on her stomach. "There were a few moments here and there where she was in her own world, but overall, the same grandma I've always known."

"That sounds hard."

Terra nodded, "It sucks, but I'm glad to have seen her."

"Any Chad movement?" I asked.

Now a small smile crept across her lips, "He's texted me a few times."

I clapped my hands, "Yay!"

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my pocket. I smiled when I saw the name.

 I smiled when I saw the name

"Andrew?"

I looked up at Terra who had one eyebrow cocked.

"Yes," I didn't even try to hide how excited I was to get a text from him.

Andrew had been busy with his ski trip and family. He hadn't had much time to text so when he did I liked it. If I was being honest with myself, I felt a little vulnerable after our kiss and didn't know how to bring it up.

Vulnerable and confused.

I liked the kiss- a lot.

In the same breath, I felt guilty for the kiss. Guilty that I liked it. Guilty that I had feelings for Andrew that were more than friendly. Guilty that I wanted him to tell me that he hadn't changed his mind. Guilty that I felt worried the kiss changed things for him and that was the real reason for the wait between texts.