Chapter Fourteen

The last day of Christmas break passed

The last day of Christmas break passed... slowly. With every tick of the clock in my room, I thought of Andrew. At moments, those thoughts were wondering if he was as miserable as I was without him. While others were deep guilt over the fact I was thinking of him at all.

My brain should've been on James. It should always be on James and how I wronged him. How much he cared for me.

Incredible.

That's the word Andrew used to describe me. Every time I replayed the moment in my mind it was like my soul was on fire.

But James.

The back and forth made my head spin.

As I walked back into the school I wondered how to handle things after our kiss. I kept going between wanting more and the crushing guilt of wanting more. Luckily, Terra was the first face I saw as she bolted up from the bench she was sitting on in the entry when she saw me enter.

"Rori!" She exclaimed.

"Hey," I gave her a hug. "So? You never updated me after your date with Chad last night."

"Well." Terra looked a little flustered. "He asked me out again for this Friday."

I clapped my hands. "Oh yay!" Terra giggled.

As our lockers came into view, we saw him.

"You ready for this?" Terra asked, our pace slowing.

"I kinda have to be," I responded. "I asked him to kiss me. Does Tawyna know?"

Terra shook her head, "I don't think so. At least, I haven't told her."

I doubted Andrew had. We barely texted yesterday as he flew home. Of course, I didn't know how much they still talked, to begin with.

There wasn't much time to think about it all because it was clear that Andrew was waiting for me. He was leaned up against his locker attempting to twirl a football on his finger.

"Hey."

I couldn't believe how nervous I felt around him now. His perfect curls. His sparkling blue eyes. His strong-looking jaw.

"Hi!" He was beaming.

"I'm here too," Terra said from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and flushed. She had opened her locker and was pulling out textbooks.

Andrew chuckled, "Hey Terra."

"I won't stay," Terra closed her locker.

"No! Please, it's cool." I grabbed her arm.

"No, it's fine. I wanted to meet up with the counsellor anyway to try and switch one of my classes." Terra pulled her bag over her shoulder, "I'll catch you later."