Compliments

We throw the groceries in the back of the car and then sat in the front. As Rob was starting the car, i turned on the radio. Shake it Off started to play.

"Ugh I hate this song!" We both say. We turn our heads to look sat each other and laugh.

"But it's so catchy!" We say again. I become wide-eyed at him because we think alike when it comes to music. We start to sing and bob our heads and dance in the car. I laugh as I watch how stupid he dances to the song. At the end we laugh and I change the station. Drops of Jupiter starts to play and the car quiets as we let the song play. I start to quietly sing along and he joins in with me. We harmonize perfectly and it makes me smile. Just listening to the sound of us singing. I love it so much. We pull into the apartment building. Rob opens my door and we grab all of the groceries and head upstairs.

"Umm Rob?" I ask standing in front of the door.

He walks up behind me, "Yea?" he pulls out his keys while balancing groceries in his right arm.

"How are we gonna get the door open?" I laugh a little.

"Oh shit you're right." He gives me that dorky smile of his. "Umm hold on, I think I got this."

He continues to balance the groceries in his arm and tries to unlock the door. He get's it open.

"Victory!" He yells as he spills the groceries.

Him and I look at each other and then the floor and then back at each other. We bust out laughing. Nothing broke, thank God. I run inside and drop off the bags and run back out to help Rob pick up the groceries.

"You're such a klutz." I smile while shaking my head.

"Oh i'm sure i'll be saying the same to you one day." He laughed.

"Mm probably." I respond.

________________________

As the days go on I start to notice some more of Rob's habits. Every morning he walks out of his room in he boxers. He smokes at least 3 cigarettes a day, and he keeps a pack in every room of the apartment. He drinks at least 4 cups of coffee every day. He sings and plays his guitar when we aren't doing anything. He hums all the time when it's quiet. All these little things never bother me. It doesn't bother me when he needs help making something because he's too lazy to read the directions on the box. It doesn't bother me when he wakes me up in the morning by obnoxiously singing a wake up song. It doesn't bother me when he leaves coffee grounds in the sink. It usually would...but not with him. I found my peace and it's with him.

"Hey where are you going?" He says with his hand on his guitar and eyeing me up and down as he sees my somewhat nice apparel.

"It's Sunday," i pause "i'm going to church."

He watches me as i grab my bag and car keys. I go to open the door.

"Wait!" He stops me. "Can i come?"