Preference #1

This preference is SFW.

This preference shows why each character loves what they love!

Alex:
Alex tends to enjoy hearty things, such as a complete breakfast and a salmon dinner, all the things a young man needs to stay fit and keep the energy up before a workout! Pancakes are a bit of a guilty pleasure for Alex. When he was a kid, it was rare he was given nice, cooked meals. Since moving in with his grandparents, he found more enjoyment for such. His days always start off on the right foot when he wakes to the scent of pancakes.

Elliot:
Squid ink is an obvious favorite to a writer. There's nothing that matches putting a wet quill to parchment in an old fashion sort of way. Elliot finds it to be Shakespearian. As for pomegranate, it is often seen as a common fruit of romance, with a hint of an edge. Pomegranate is also an aphrodisiac. This is precisely what draws Elliot to it. Crab cakes, tom kha soup, and lobster are also loved by the man, hence why he finds himself so happy living on the beach.

Harvey:
Ah, coffee. The fuel any doctor needs, especially being the only doctor in town. Harvey tends to overwork, and coffee picks him up just enough to keep pushing on. He's subtle in his romantic side, and this introduces his love of wine, a super meal, and truffle oil. Harvey likes to wine and dine his partner, and a good massage never hurts to finish it all off. As for his love of pickles, well... no one is perfect.

Sam:
Cactus fruit is a rare indulgence for the residents of Pelican Town. It's sweet, and yet tart, both appealing to Sam. The same goes for the maple bar, in a mix of sweet and salty. Of course, he likes pizza, he's a young man in a band! It's the perfect late-night snack! Sam has a deep love for tigers-eye as well. This is a more subtle enjoyment of his, and he simply finds it beautiful. That's enough reason to enjoy something, isn't it?

Sebastian:
A frozen tear, and obsidian, the perfect mix of beauty, sorrow, and darkness, much like Sebastian himself. He has a collection of them upon his desk, that he loves adding to. Beside the jar of obsidian and frozen tears, is a small, black void egg. Pumpkin soup is another favorite, the flavor bringing him back to his childhood. When he was just a boy, he used to sit by the fireplace watching Robin carve out a new toy for him, with a warm bowl of pumpkin soup in his hands. He also finds a nice, cold plate of sashimi to be a more appropriate summer dish.

Shane:
Beer is an acquired taste, and for Shane, a devastatingly sad one. One that unfortunately does not change over time, despite his particular arc. Thus, it's best to indulge Shane in his purer loves, such as pizza. However, he loves the spice of hot peppers, especially in the form of pepper poppers. Indulging him in his other loves keeps his mind off of drinking.

Abigail:
Abigail's enjoyment of an amethyst is as simple as the fact that it matches her hair. She adores purple. She also has a major sweet tooth, proven in her love for banana pudding, blackberry cobbler, and chocolate cake. This is combatted by her enjoyment of more... unusual things, like spicy eel and pufferfish. As for pumpkin, the smell always makes her think of Halloween, her favorite holiday. It brings her back to happier times, when her father wasn't so busy, and her mom not so isolated.

Emily:
Emily has a spiritual taste for the finer gems, such as amethyst, aquamarine, emerald, jade, ruby, and topaz. When gifts wool and cloth are given to her, she believes that the objects represent the person giving. She enjoys analyzing the patterns of the fabric and using it to create something new from nothing. The survival burger is an indulgence she adores. It's a food she loves, and usually makes a mess out of when eating.

Haley:
Haley enjoys things often short lived. She adores lounging on the beach sipping from a cut coconut, with a bowl of fruit salad at her side. Her fascination with sunflowers stems from her grandmother, who always called Haley her precious sunflower, because of her beauty and golden hair. Haley also enjoys pink cake, pink being her favorite color and cake being her favorite dessert.

Leah:
All of Leah's loves are edible, and she takes her time enjoying each. She tends to enjoy foods made of more rustic goods, like goat cheese, truffles, and poppyseed muffins. She also enjoys spending rainy nights in front of a new project of hers, with a glass of wine in hand. She levels this out by her love of healthier options, such as salad and vegetable medley.

Maru:
Maru's love of battery packs and radioactive (as well as gold and iridium) bars is certainly... unique. She loves more nostalgic and rough flavors, like cauliflower (especially with cheese), pepper poppers, and rhubarb pie. This is matched with sweeter desires, such as strawberries and diamonds. Smarts, spice, and sweetness, all adored by someone who represents them all.

Penny:
Penny enjoys homemade goods, such as the poppyseed muffin, red plate, roots platter, and tom kha soup. She also finds beauty in the things that others seem to loathe, such as a poppy flower. Penny has a heart for oddballs (like the odd-looking sandfish). She also enjoys a bowl of fresh cut melon, seeing as it's rare that she and her mother have much fresh fruit in their fridge. Penny also has more generic enjoyments, like diamond and emeralds, both of which are just as stunning as she is.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed! Any requests? Comment!