Chap 2: Mighty Warrior!

It is night time now. Most indoor lights are off because the lights in business buildings and restaurants are open 24 hours a day, but the sound of sirens and the flashing red and green lights of police cars can distract anyone. idea.

Police and detectives are scattered throughout the shopping district where Riku fought not long ago. A local policeman was on patrol when he heard the noise and made a call. By the time the policemen got there, Riku and Pretty Cure had disappeared because signs of their fight were still there. Even the remains of Spider Grongi were splattered everywhere, causing a few rookie officers to lose their lunch and dinner in this case.

"Hmm..." One of the many police inspectors thoroughly examined what was left of Grongi, wearing gloves to keep his hands clean and to make sure he didn't leave fingerprints. Since he didn't mind the fact that he was holding what should have been his guts, this isn't the first time he's seen a bloody mess meaning he's experienced below his belt.

"Geez..." Another inspector walked up to him and lit a cigarette. The man was older than the one examining Grongi's remains, probably in his thirties. His hair was disheveled as if he had just gotten out of bed, goatee and green eyes. He wore an overcoat to keep him warm on the cold night even though it wasn't that cold tonight.

He blew out smoke before looking at the inspector beside him and the shard of Grongi he held in his hand.

"It's that thing, isn't it? The thing that's been terrorizing Nagano for a while?"

The man said as he held up a cloth bag.

"The cloth matches the one we've collected in the past. Without a doubt, it's him."

The man spoke in his mid-twenties. He has his hair combed back and wears square-rimmed glasses that hide his blue eyes as he also wears a smart jacket.

"He's caused enough trouble in Nagano. What the hell can he do here?" The elderly inspector wondered as he looked around. He used to be stationed in Nagano, but was transferred a week ago with the person next to him and from what he learned in this city; that it was surprisingly peaceful. Then again, the place you used to work has been in chaos for the past month, so who are you to judge?

"What I want to know is who could have done this to him." Said the younger inspector as he looked at the ruins of Grongi before looking up to see a few more remains of Grongi. "The gun didn't affect him last time we checked."

"Maybe someone blew him up with a rocket. I mean, look at the scorch marks on the ground. A huge sign of an explosion."The older inspector said, gesturing to the spot where Spider Grongi had blown up.

"Then how do you explain this?" The younger inspector spoke as he pointed to a burnt footprint on the ground, followed by others behind and above it.

"You've got me. All I can say is whoever did this to it couldn't be human."

"You mean you think we have another Unknown Lifeform on our hands?"

"It's a guess, but one I think is possible, Ichijouji." The elderly inspector blew another puff of smoke as he spoke, before dropping the cigar on the ground and stomping on it, extinguishing it. "For now, take whatever's left and send it to the forensics, see what they can do with it."

The young inspector, Ichijou Kaoru, nodded as he stood up and went with the other inspector to search for more clues around the park.

========================================================================================================================================================================