Chapter 6: Thoughts

"Fucking Luz and her dumb ass books!"

I kept cursing under my breath as I journeyed my way down the crowded streets making my way to Eda's stand. She didn't specify where her tent was not giving any sense of direction besides it being  " far deep in the 'heart' of the market." What the hell does that mean?

She's gonna bail on me, her sister and friend, for fucking books!
What the fuck!
I don't even know where I'm going! that fucking brat!

I kept cursing Luz, not literally, while pushing my way through before seeing the two blond twins from before at a stall messing with whatever human objects.
"Hey! Blondies!" I yelled across from the crowd before marching over as quickly as possible feeling as if I was a lost demon finding its home.

"Hey, we have names you know!" The boy yelled as I just shrugged, honestly, I had already forgotten them by the time I ran away.

"Cool you're special just like anyone else congrats" he eyed me sadly. "Look do you know where Edalyn Clawthorne's stand is?" They both looked at each other as though they were telepathically asking each other if the name rang a bell. I took a deep sigh while putting my hands together.
"You know... 'The Owl Lady,' the one who sold owls that one time and weird junk. ring any bells?" I asked as a hit of realization occurred to the girl.

"Oh you mean Eda, she's just a few stands over once you make a right," the girl said as I was about to walk away before they began, continuing, to talk.
"So I know you just moved here," she started before I immediately cut her off.

"How'd you know?" I asked defensively and with curiosity in the mix

"Oh, your sister told us," Edric explained as it immediately clicked allowing me to relax, "She said that y'all are here for vacation from the Dominican Republic staying with a family friend. Which I'm guessing is The Owl Lady, correct?" I nodded to the boy before the girl continued whatever she was going to say.

"Are you and your sister planning on attending any of the high schools here in town?" She asked as I was hesitant to answer before realizing the fact that it would be rude to ignore and walk away, much to my liking, plus they were friends of Luz and she most likely told them, or will at least.

"Yeah we are," total lie, I don't even know what a high school is. " but I don't know what school we're attending here though, kind of thought there would only be one."
"In most towns, it would be, but that's fine. Here, hold on a sec," the girl reached into her jean pockets pulling out a flyer as she went over to the nearby register, grabbing a pen and writing something down.
I looked at the boy twin as he shrugged before I looked back at the girl who was already back as she handed me a flyer with "August 13 bonfire bash! Last day of summer!"
"This Sunday, tomorrow, all the students in town are throwing a party," she started pointing to the corner where she had written "invited, -Emira."
"The party is usually only juniors and seniors but with the exception of siblings and transferring fishies or sophomores."

Fishies?

"So if you and your sister are bored or not busy you should stop by, it's at 10 so don't be late." I examined the black and white paper before folding and shoving it in my pocket.

"Thank you for the invite blondies, now I gotta go, it's an emergency," total bullshit. "So I'll see y'all tomorrow if we go," I said as I just ran off blending in with the crowd before they could come get me and tag along like stray mutts.

I followed their directions and certainly did end up at Eda's F'd up stall. It truly stood out among the rest of the tents and made me feel embarrassed cause of how much it stood out.
It was loud with music playing and people yelling or negotiating with Eda as the tent, as a whole, took up two spaces in length but continued out back. She sold so much junk which had a combination of both demon realm and human realm items. Some of which Eda shouldn't be selling but is being bought still by the clueless humans who knew nothing of my realm.