I'm Yours

Hiii, thanks so much for all the nice comments and votes, they really motivate me! This takes place the same day as the last chapter!

Max sat down at her desk. Her bag was propped up against the table leg. Her cheeks were still flushed from her awkward interaction with Lucas and conversation with El. She zoned out, sitting at the back of the class. Her eyes remained on her shoe laces as she thought about the whole Lucas situation.

I bet he doesn't even like me that much. I'm disgusting, just like Billy said. I'm nothing more than a ugly tom-boy who Lucas probably just pities. But I can't keep avoiding him. I'll talk to him at Lunch.

She decided finally. Just then the bell rang and she dashed to the door. Her heart was thumping into her throat as she spotted him. He was at his locker, putting some books away. Her eyes scanned his face. He looked stressed and anxious, his beautiful eyes glistening in the unnatural, white light.

Max took a few steps towards him, head spinning as horrible thoughts attacked her mind.

You're ugly.

The red-head swallowed hard and continues to get closer.

Nobody likes you.

Crowds passed her, pushing and shoving her as she fought through the mass of teens.

Lucas doesn't like you.

Max felt her breath quicken and her body tensed.

Your just a disgusting tom-boy.

Hands shaking like she had hypothermia, the young girl looked over to see a flash of Lucas's chocolate brown eyes amidst the surging hoard of students. They were full of regret and sadness.

You're a mistake! To Lucas, to your mother and the rest of your fucked up family, to your friends and to this whole fucking world!

She made a run for the girls bathroom. Sprinting and tumbling into the door, Max burst into one of the stalls and began sobbing. Nobody else was in there so she was safe from being questioned.

Tears streamed down her freckled cheeks and she began to sob so much she couldn't breathe. "I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe!" She gasped, still sobbing between each word. She fell against the side wall, clutching and rubbing her knees. She kept repeat her words, while her cries echoed through the small, dirty room.

Her panic attack soon slowed to an end and she was just left crying.

So much for talking to him at lunch...

She moked herself, she was pathetic, getting this worked up by her stupid brother's words and a stupid question with her friends.
Eventually she got up and splashed her tear-stained face. Her eyes were red and watery. Great. She thought, gazing at her reflection in the cracked mirror with disgust.

---

After lunch, which Max spent all of in the girls bathroom, she had science with Lucas. As she was seated her eyes traveled to the dark-skinned boy beside her. He was looking at her too, with those god damn perfect eyes. She looked down immediately, ashamed of herself. Through the whole lesson, she felt his eyes burning into her.

After that lesson she rushed out, hoping he wouldn't come after her, even though it was inevitable.

"Max! Max, wait!" Lucas' voice chimmed in her ear. She ignored it and kept walking. As she made her way to her english class room he grabbed her shoulder. "Max... P...please... List..en... To... Me." He panted, clearly he'd ran after her.

"Lucas, leave me alone. I know how you really feel about me, so there's no point in lying." She managed to get out. Her heart was in her throat again, making her struggle for breath almost as if she'd been running too.

"What? 'How I really feel about you'? Max what are you talking about. I'm sorry about the other night, I promise I was telling the truth, I don't like anyone else and never have, not once." She turned to look at him finally, her eyes swelling with tears. He smiled warmly at her.

Max reached up a hand to brush away a tear, "You... You actually like... Me?" She fought to keep back the tears. He does like me... Why would he like someone as disgusting as me...

"Yes Max! I- I really like you in fact. I kind of hoped you'd know that by now." He reached out and tucked a piece of ginger hair behind her ear.

She just stared into his kind, gorgeous eyes. They were so beautiful, burning a sweet, chocolate colour that always made her feel safe. "I guess I forgot..." She mumbled. Although this meant Lucas did like her she was still thinking about how ugly she was and how he could possibly like her.

"I'll never let you forget it again. I'm going to remind you everyday. I'll be here for you always, I'm never leaving you. Because your perfect, you're beautiful and amazing and funny and badass and-"

"Totally tubular?" She asked with a giggle. She only ever giggled around El and Lucas.

"Yeah." He responded, eyes tracing all her facial features gently. The boy leaned in and their lips met for a few seconds. The kiss was short but meaningful. "We good?" He chuckled, pulling away.

"Hmm... Let me think stalker..." She teased before pulling him in with her hands behind his head and kissing him passionately. He melted in to the kiss and they kissed for a while, ignoring the other students looking at them weirdly. She finally pulled away, gasping for breath, "Yeah. Yeah we're good..." She breathed, looking at him with adoration.

"Max?"

"Yes, stalker?"

"You know I'm yours, right?"

"Of course."

Max grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. God he's so perfect... And he thinks I'm beautiful.

Lucas Sinclair was many things but a liar was not one of them.