Young Love

Can I just say you are all so sweet!! I can't believe this is already #6 in Lumax!! <333

Aaliyahthestudent you are amazing! Thanks for all the support you're so funny and kind :)

Anyway... Hope you like the title... ;)

Lucas watched Max skate away, down the street. His eyes followed her flaming locks, they're gorgeous... She's gorgeous. He smiled to himself as she disappeared behind a bend.

---

Lucas had been so pissed at himself for making Max stay away from him, for hurting her. She was his everything and he hated himself for making her think she wasn't. He'd been an anxious wreck all week when he saw her. He wanted to talk to her but he didn't know if they were still together or what.

Then, Friday rolled around and she joined the party's gathering before school. He'd been so nervous and sad and angry he had basically just blurted out a loud and stupid greeting, which didn't go unnoticed by everyone, including her.

He'd practically screamed in anger and frustration when he saw her coming towards him only to run away at lunch. He'd thought over and over that he should go check on her but something told him Max probably didn't want to see him.

After science, he just found himself rambling to her about how much he cared about her and he'd asumed she'd just ignore him. Instead, by miracle she accept his apology and they'd shared the sweetest, most meaningful and passionate kiss.

He was now standing in the parking lot at the front of Hawkins High, gazing at the spot where his girlfriend had disappeared into moments ago.

"Dude, you've been watching that spot for like five minutes, Max is probably home by now!" Dustin called, dragging Lucas to where their bikes were.

---

It was now 1am and Lucas was lying in bed, his mind flooded with thoughts of her. He couldn't sleep in the cold night, his head just buzzed about her god damn perfect, russet hair or gorgeous ocean eyes or those soft, light pink lips or... He was doing it right now.

God damn you Max, you're going to be the death of me. Why do you have to make it so stupidly easy to fall in love with you-

His thoughts stopped. What did he just say?! Did he really just admit to loving Max Mayfield. Oh Lord.

Lucas's head swirled with thoughts and emotions, did he really love her? Okay maybe he did but what if she did feel the same? How was he going to tell her?

Then it hit him. Well, it actually hit the window, a few feet away but still. And 'it' was a small pebble.

Wait is someone throwing rocks at my window?

Lucas rushed over to see none other that her. He smiled at her, and helped her up into his room. It was a cold night and bitter winds nipped at them as he slid the window down behind her. He couldn't really see her face because of the dark but just then a shaft of moonlight illuminated her perfect, freckled face.

His heart plumited, Max's face was covered in nasty, purple-blue bruises. A giant one was on her cheek and smaller ones dotted her neck and other cheek. He gasped at the sight and immediately wrapped her in a tight hug. The dark-skinned boy felt her shake as sobbing took over and she cried into his chest. He sat her down on the bed and kissed her for head gently.

"Oh Max, it's okay... You don't have to tell me anything yet. What do you need?" The teen ushered her to lay down with he searched for some supplies.

---

After Max was tended to by a restless Lucas, they lay in his bead in silence. Her head was buried in his shirt and he had his arms wrapped protectivly around her small shoulders. Her held her small body close to him, she hadn't spoken yet apart from wincing in pain.

"Max...?" Lucas whispered, stroking her ginger waves gently.

"Y-yes?" She replied, nuzzling deeper into his chest. She felt so safe around him.

"I... I love you... " Lucas whispered so softly he thought maybe she couldn't hear because she stayed silent for a while.

She in reality was in shock and joy. She leaned up and nestled into the crook of his neck.

"I love you too, stalker." She murmurs after a long moment.

The couple hold each other until the morning, feeling like their young love was the only thing they needed to survive.

;) hope you enjoy!!! First I love you from these babies. I promise I'll explain what happened to Max next chapter which I'll be out soon.