21

'Tae, are you sure you want to do this?', Jimin softly said,' you know what happened last time you had a talk with them. They will try to manipulate you again. Guilt trap you. Are you really sure you want to this?'

Taehyung let put a breathy chuckle. He remembered the last time he faced the man who was responsible for his misery.

'Yes chim. I'm sure. I won't let them take away Jungkook's dream. Not after how much I've sacrificed. Not after how much I have hurt Jungkook. They can't do this to him'

Jimin worried his lips as he laid back against the leather seats. The car was moving at a normal speed, but for Jimin, it felt like it was too fast. He didn't want Taehyung to go through The same thing again.

But there wasn't much he could do. He had messaged Namjoon about the meeting. The elder had replied that he will figure something out and to not worry but jimin couldn't help worrying.

Taehyung was a complicated person. For the world, the model was enigmatic, a player and utterly mysteriously. But for Jimin, who has known Taehyung his whole life, who was his platonic soulmate, Taehyung was just a fragile soul whose whole world revolved around the young singer whose eyes held galaxies.

Jeon Jungkook was Taehyung's whole universe.

There was no other way to put it. If Taehyung had to give up his life to keep the younger's dream alive, he would do so in a heartbeat.

That's how much Taehyung loved Jungkook.

Years ago, when Taehyung had been given a choice, to choose his own happiness or Jungkook's dream, he had selflessly chosen Jungkook's dream.

And even though that choice had broken Taehyung beyond repair, he didn't regret it. Not one bit. Because that choice had made the younger's dreams come true.

The kpop industry is ruthless. People think celebrities, especially Kpop artist have it all so easy. That they are living the dream life.

It is true to some extent. They are living their dream but no one knows how many sacrifices are made to fulfill those dreams.

Jimin knows. He knows all about those sacrifices. And even if Jungkook wasn't the one to make them, he knows that it affected Jungkook just as much as it affected Taehyung.

The car stopped outside the big building. Taehyung stepped out, jimin following behind.

The receptionist led them to the big office that read one name that Taehyung hated with his whole being.

Jeon Junghwan.

Without knocking, Taehyung stepped inside, Jimin just quietly following.

'Taehyung. I see you have forgotten your manners'

Jeon Junghwan sat there, looking all high and mighty. For the world he was Jungkook's father, the head of Jeon Enterprise; a successful businessman but for Taehyung, he was nothing more than a leech who would do anything to make sure his reputation isn't threatened.

Even if it meant playing with his own son's life.

There was another person in the office, and Taehyung recognized him very well. The head of the agency that Jungkook had been signed under, Bighits Entertainment. Han Wowon was a man of great talent, having built his agency from scratch but he was greedy. And someone who was easily swayed by money.

'Mr Jeon. I don't think I need to have my manners when you clearly can't keep your promise'

Mr jeon smirked as he stood up, walking towards the small mini-fridge that sat at the far end of the room.