Finding Something Useful (4)

Cale petted the kittens for about 20 minutes. He stopped because he heard a knock on his door. 'Dinner's here...finally..'

Cale lifted the kittens up and laid the on the ground.

"Hide, i'm gonna open the door." He didn't even glance at the cat's as he said that.

On and Hong quickly jumped under the bed. They didn't need to hide in difficult places because Cale was here.

Cale opened the door and saw Ron. "Young Master-nim, the second Young Master-nim wishes to see you."

Cale barely held back a groan and responded "No, It's late, I'm not going. Also tell Basen that if he wants to talk with me he should come himself." After saying so Cale closed the door and sat on the bed. "Haaaa..I don't want to deal with this damn family anymore, their all such a pain." He streched his arms while he said that.

It was currently somewhere around 19:20 so the dinner should be here soon. "Fuck...should i make a ruckus when they come? They're late." Cale mumbles as the Cat's came out from under the bed.

Cale ate the dinner after causing a bit of a ruckus about it being late. He did share some of it with the Cats but not that much. He then went to sleep, the Cats slept on the carpet next to the bed.

The next day Cale went out again. He hid himself again with a robe and a hood. The cat's stayed home, hiding. Cale had big plans for today.

'So..a wood attribute ancient power is located here, in this territory, in the slums but to get it i need bread? What kind of bullshit it this? Haaa...whatever...' He thought as he walked. Cale stopped by quite a few bread stores and stands, threw them a gold coin each time, and got quite a lot of bread. He hid it all in the spatial pocked bag. This is why it was useful.

"Now that i'm done with that...i should go see that 'man-eating tree'" He mumbled to himself as he began walking into the slums. People avoided eye contact with him or just simply ran away the moment they saw him. It wasn't because he was trash. How would they know when he had a robe? They probably just didn't like outsiders very much.

Cale stood infront of the tree and could see a big hole. It was comepletely dark, not even a speck of light could be seen. "Do i throw it in there..?"

Cale began throwing the bread out of the pocket bag into the black hole, after a while it began turning grey and then lighter grey, before turning white. A light came out of the hole and went inside the body of Cale.

"Haaa...hehehe.." Cale let out a short sigh before quietly chuckling. Wasn't the previous owner of this ancient power one of the heroes? Now this thing belongs a bad person. Oh well.

"i still have some bread left...i can just leave it to the cat's, they'll eat it." Cale mumbled as he began walking away. He didn't have anything else to do so he hid himself again, took the robe off and went back to the estate. Honestly it would have been quicker with magic but the stupid owner of this body didn't practice any magic or even swords art..

'I'll need to train this body a bit so it doesn't break that easily..'

Just maybe some basic training..

Cale walked into the estate and could see that his 'family members' were all waiting for him.

"Eh?"

"Cale, let's talk, what do you think?" Deruth asked. He wanted to talk with Cale and the rest of the family. He wanted to fix his relation with Cale. He wanted Cale to feel like he has a family.

"Hyung-nim, please.."

"Orabuni.."

Basen and Lily also seemed set on wanting to talk. Violan stood there with a pleating expression unlike her normal self.

Should Cale decline?

Would it hurt them?

It would, wouldn't it?

They would feel sad..

And then when he asks them to do something they'll do it because it's his request, won't they?

Cale wanted to make them suffer. At least a bit. Even a little bit will make him happy.

Cale made up his mind. He would-

"No, i would rather go back to my room. If this is about 'family' then i don't need this talk with people i don't consider family." Cale said with a chilly voice and indifferent expression. He then began to move away, back to his room. Cale didn't even give the others a chance to speak, stop or even scream his way. The moment the Henituse family members turned around to stop Cale or talk to him..he was already gone.

Haaaaaaa..

Cale entered his room with a sigh. He then took out a small loaf of bread and threw it under the bed where the cat's are.

"Eat this up, i don't want it." He said in an annoyed voice.

The days continued like this. Cale would train a bit in his room, he even gained poison resistance thanks to Hong's help, in the evening he would sit at the window and pet the kittens, and he ignored the rest of the family.

It has been going like this for 2 months. In a month Choi Han would appear in Rain City.

But Cale still needed to do something.

Ron.

The butler.

Cale needs to have him as his puppet, just like the cat's. But the problem is the method.

Manipulation? Fear? Power?

What doesn he need to do?

Cale thought quite hard about it. He then came up with a plan.

'if i promise him revenge on Arm and the come back of the Molan household he should agree. If not..a bit of manipulation should do the trick..'

And so Cale was already thinking of the next individual to have running on top of his hand like he wanted to.

But should he recruit Beacrox as well? Maybe make Ron do it? Hmm...we'll see about that one..